+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 names

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
I grew up in Canada and I have an english name and japanese name. All my primary ID's have my japanese name on them but ID's like Credit card, bank, card etc. is in my english name. My english name was not registered or anything.

Would this be a problem in the spousal application in any way?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you grew up in Canada you are already a citizen. What is the name used in your citizenship ID and Canadian passport. You have to use that name.

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
wilson said:
As you grew up in Canada you are already a citizen. What is the name used in your citizenship ID and Canadian passport. You have to use that name.
I'm not a citizen, I was born in Japan but moved to Canada at a young age and grew up there. I'm still a PR. My PR card and Japanese passport is in my Japanese name. But I'm just wondering if my english name will affect me in any way. It is not registered. Most of my ID in Canada is in my english name but, as I said, my primary IDs are in Japanese.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
I'm not a citizen, I was born in Japan but moved to Canada at a young age and grew up there. I'm still a PR. My PR card and Japanese passport is in my Japanese name. But I'm just wondering if my english name will affect me in any way. It is not registered. Most of my ID in Canada is in my english name but, as I said, my primary IDs are in Japanese.
go with the 1 on your passport as that is an official ID hopefully your health card mathes and your SIN match

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Just include your English name on the forms in the answer to the question "Do you have any other names?" You can explain the situation as well.