+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 months after BF'D date

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Hi Guys,

When I received my CAIPS notes over two months ago, this was part of all that information. "PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: SEL ON 01-05-2010 MICROLOCATOR". Today is July 11 and I have still not heard a word from CIC. Is it possible that the officer might have assigned a BF'D to my file. Any insights will be really appreciated.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Tarry said:
Hi Guys,

When I received my CAIPS notes over two months ago, this was part of all that information. "PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: SEL ON 01-05-2010 MICROLOCATOR". Today is July 11 and I have still not heard a word from CIC. Is it possible that the officer might have assigned a new BF'D to my file. Any insights will be really appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tarry said:
Hi Guys,

When I received my CAIPS notes over two months ago, this was part of all that information. "PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: SEL ON 01-05-2010 MICROLOCATOR". Today is July 11 and I have still not heard a word from CIC. Is it possible that the officer might have assigned a BF'D to my file. Any insights will be really appreciated.
The BF date is just to ensure that if something arrives on file it isn't overlooked. If nothing new is happening, i.e. background checks or security, then the file is just PAed and BFed again. They don't inform you every time the file is looked at. Look at the processing times to get an idea where you are in the stream. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/index.asp