+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 DUI while I was backpacker in OZ 2015-2016

Feb 25, 2017
Hi to everybody , unfortunately because I was an Idiot I got 2 DUI in Australia thinking that I wouldn't never be bother about it...But now I found out that He won't be easy to follow my love in Canada .
I've called the lawyer and he told me that I need to wait 5 years to ask for rehabilitation or if I need to get there before I can apply for a temporary permit visa if I have valid reason .
I've ask him about having 2 DUI without arrest just suspension... And he told me that I can only wait for this 5 years to get done...
Have You anything to say about it ?
Kind regards

Andrea Seghetti

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What was your BAC for the two DUIs? Was is 0.08 or higher?

Assuming so, your lawyer is right. You are currently inadmissible to Canada (meaning you can't enter Canada and you can't be sponsored for PR). You will qualify to apply for rehabilitation once five years have passed since you completed the penalty for your most recent DUI. So best case scenario you're looking at 2021 before you can apply for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation applications can take anywhere from a few weeks to a year or more to process.

Yes - a TRP (temporary resident permit) is your only option at this time. TRPs can be quite difficult to get and you need to have a good reason for needing to be in Canada. (You can always try.)

Feb 25, 2017
The first was... 0.08 I think... So 0.58 and the second was 0.80 or 0.85 need to check ... You this it will show up even if I was a backpacker with Italian drive license ? They didn't even take it... They just told me to not be allowed to drive ... And the second time when I was in court the judge didn't even seen my previous record... Miracle can happen ?
Thanks for your answer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AndréAnderson said:
The first was... 0.08 I think... So 0.58 and the second was 0.80 or 0.85 need to check ... You this it will show up even if I was a backpacker with Italian drive license ? They didn't even take it... They just told me to not be allowed to drive ... And the second time when I was in court the judge didn't even seen my previous record... Miracle can happen ?
Thanks for your answer
You're asking about lying in your application. No one here is going to help you to do that. Understand that background and security checks have a nasty way of revealing everything about you. Also understand that lying in an application is misrepresentation and a crime. If you do it and you're found out, the application will be refused and you'll end up with a five year ban from Canada. Don't make a bad situation worse.

Feb 25, 2017
Oh no ! I didn't want to say I mean to lie... I was just wondering because you know ... I was there... With WHV , they didn't get my drive license ... It didn't show up at the court so I was just asking. Sorry didn't want to sound nasty .
Sorry again.
And about BAC and the 2 DUI Have you got something to say ?
Kind regards

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So are you positive then that when you apply for police certificates top support any permit application that although you have not shared much info like how long you were in Australia or which States that DUIs will not show up. Particularly relevant if either Queensland or Victoria which are specific to driving history. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

Feb 25, 2017
Hello there ! Sorry I don't really get Your answer ... By the way the act happened in Queensland and Western Australia .