Med's Done....
8th July 2016
Passport Req..
14th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2017
LANDED..........
21st Jan 2017
So I am here in Canada from the UK on a visitors visa (5 months in) and I am looking to find a way to remain here permanently. My entire family all live here as permanent residents and I am overjoyed to finally be able to be with my Canadian girlfriend.

I work in medical sales (NOC 0611 and 6211) and have so far had 2 global companies wanting to employ me, making offers but both have been put off by the crazy LMIA process despite how simple it is! Obviously this is highly frustrating for me and a great loss to them too.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Anyone got any advice?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Mcevolution said:
So I am here in Canada from the UK on a visitors visa (5 months in) and I am looking to find a way to remain here permanently. My entire family all live here as permanent residents and I am overjoyed to finally be able to be with my Canadian girlfriend.

I work in medical sales (NOC 0611 and 6211) and have so far had 2 global companies wanting to employ me, making offers but both have been put off by the crazy LMIA process despite how simple it is! Obviously this is highly frustrating for me and a great loss to them too.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Anyone got any advice?
Yes, apply under Family Class sponsorship via your Canadian g/F, if you are eligible. The purpose of the LMIA system is to weed out opportunistic employment of "Foreign Nationals". In this case, that's exactly what seems to have happened. The companies were not desperate enough to go through the hoops because, presumably, they can source local talent.

Mcevolution

Nov 28, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa / London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20th June 2016
Med's Done....
8th July 2016
Passport Req..
14th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2017
LANDED..........
21st Jan 2017
zardoz said:
Yes, apply under Family Class sponsorship via your Canadian g/F, if you are eligible. The purpose of the LMIA system is to weed out opportunistic employment of "Foreign Nationals". In this case, that's exactly what seems to have happened. The companies were not desperate enough to go through the hoops because, presumably, they can source local talent.
Sadly not....the reason for pulling out was that the LMIA process takes too long and doesn't have any guarantees of a positive result. Both companies have major contracts that need to be supported and they cant wait 3-4 MONTHS with all the readvertising, application and waiting time. One company restructured and the other is pressing on to find someone with the skills that they wont find anywhere in Alberta without the time and expense of training them (in the USA at that!).

My Canadian girlfriend and I are not considered commonlaw (need to have lived together for 12 months) and even then the application time is 2 years!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Mcevolution said:
Sadly not....the reason for pulling out was that the LMIA process takes too long and doesn't have any guarantees of a positive result. Both companies have major contracts that need to be supported and they cant wait 3-4 MONTHS with all the readvertising, application and waiting time. One company restructured and the other is pressing on to find someone with the skills that they wont find anywhere in Alberta without the time and expense of training them (in the USA at that!).

My Canadian girlfriend and I are not considered commonlaw (need to have lived together for 12 months) and even then the application time is 2 years!
As a UK applicant, applying "outland", it's much more like 6 months. If you married, you could be a potential PR by August, with a following wind. (Been there, done that).

Mcevolution

Nov 28, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa / London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20th June 2016
Med's Done....
8th July 2016
Passport Req..
14th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2017
LANDED..........
21st Jan 2017
zardoz said:
As a UK applicant, applying "outland", it's much more like 6 months. If you married, you could be a potential PR by August, with a following wind. (Been there, done that).
Oh.....now that changes a few things although we aren't considered commonlaw for another 6 months at least. It might be a bit soon for marriage ;D