+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st time trv application approved

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
good day everyone.
I would like to thank to those people who gave advice @Katt thank you so much. Your thread inspire me and i never lost hope. And to those people who said i cant make it and said red flag for me and my boyfriend then you are totally wrong!
Well, im approved and its my first time to apply trv to Canada. Im from Philippines by the way and i have no work at all.
My timeline:

May 10, 2019- paper base application( vfs cebu) and biometric.
May 16, 2019- correspondence letter/ biometric validity ( and i link my paper application to GCKey)
May 20, 2019- visa approved

Good luck to those who are going to apply and to those who are in process. To God Be the Glory

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
good day everyone.
I would like to thank to those people who gave advice @Katt thank you so much. Your thread inspire me and i never lost hope. And to those people who said i cant make it and said red flag for me and my boyfriend then you are totally wrong!
Well, im approved and its my first time to apply trv to Canada. Im from Philippines by the way and i have no work at all.
My timeline:

May 16, 2019- correspondence letter/ biometric validity ( and i link my paper application to GCKey)

Good luck to those who are going to apply and to those who are in process. To God Be the Glory
Did you get your passport back with the approval? That is great but incredibly unusual.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Did you get your passport back with the approval? That is great but incredibly unusual.
Hi. Thank you for replying me.
No yet but i linked my UCI or application number to GCKey when i got correspondence letter from IRRCC and i keep checking time to time. It said
Final Decision - Your application was approved.
And there is below counterfoil and its number and expiry date

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. Thank you for replying me.
No yet but i linked my UCI or application number to GCKey when i got correspondence letter from IRRCC and i keep checking time to time. It said
Final Decision - Your application was approved.
And there is below counterfoil and its number and expiry date
Wow. You got very lucky. Guessing your children staying in the Philippines likely helped but you got lucky because many similar applications have been refused. Many women have even been employed and self-sufficient and still denied.

Reactions: ghenny

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Wow. You got very lucky. Guessing your children staying in the Philippines likely helped but you got lucky because many similar applications have been refused. Many women have even been employed and self-sufficient and still denied.
I think so. But we’re just being honest in our purpose and we send all the documents even the unecessary one.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Some experts here advice not to mention visiting his family and some places in Canada but we still did in our letter both cover letter and invitation letter. Because that is one of our main purpose.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think so. But we’re just being honest in our purpose and we send all the documents even the unecessary one.
Given that you weren't employed and easily could have gone married and applied for PR then sponsored your children approvals are rare. Many are in similar situations but the partner is working and they get denied even for a few weeks vacation to meet family. Sometimes luck factors into these decisions:)

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Impossible to get married cause my boyfriend state in his invitation letter that his divorced still on process which is the truth. And i state it also in my cover letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Impossible to get married cause my boyfriend state in his invitation letter that his divorced still on process which is the truth. And i state it also in my cover letter.
You could remain in Canada until you can get married or for a year so you can apply for common law.

Intianu

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
good day everyone.
My timeline:

Wow!! CONGRATULATIONS... I pray mine will be as smooth as yours...

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Wow!! CONGRATULATIONS... I pray mine will be as smooth as yours...
Wow ! the way you replied my thread before seems like you’re an expert. But you are also processing hahaha. Well wish you luck. Shame on you!

Last edited:

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
You could remain in Canada until you can get married or for a year so you can apply for common law.
Maybe officers grant my Visa because they feel that our application is sincere and true.
Im not that stupid to marry a man whom i dont know much. The main purpose of this trip is to know him better and see his daily life environment. And see if i like to have a full commitment with him. Ive been into past relationship and ive learned. So no reason to be hurry! And we state all of that in our letter

Last edited:

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Please, at least, be nice to people who took the time to reply on your threads. They tried to help you. You were asking for their opinion. They answered you. If it's not what you wanted to hear then carry on. It looks like you easily get offended on things that doesn't seem to favor you. Take note that on their comment they said "it might / you could etc". It means it is not a for sure thing.

You were approved for a visa, be grateful. Don't go on lashing out on people who tried to help you by giving you the opinion that you were asking for.

Last edited: