+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st Permanent Resident Card after arrival

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Hi, I sponsored my wife who arrived on February 6th this year, we didn't know our final address in the moment we arrived so the immigration officer gave us a form, which we look for online (Address Notification- Permanent Resident Card) and my wife filled out this online form and submitted it by February 8th (online). We tried to check her application status for Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) but the only thing we could read is that there is a mention of her arrival date in Canada, there is nothing about PR Card status.

I know the first time she doesn't need to apply but How can we know the actual status of her PR Card?

Thanks for any information or knowledge you can share.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi, I sponsored my wife who arrived on February 6th this year, we didn't know our final address in the moment we arrived so the immigration officer gave us a form, which we look for online (Address Notification- Permanent Resident Card) and my wife filled out this online form and submitted it by February 8th (online). We tried to check her application status for Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) but the only thing we could read is that there is a mention of her arrival date in Canada, there is nothing about PR Card status.

I know the first time she doesn't need to apply but How can we know the actual status of her PR Card?

Thanks for any information or knowledge you can share.
You can connect your PR card application on GC account. There when it is approved they will let you know that card has been mailed.

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Thanks @jan1992 , in this case my wife didn't apply since this will be her first PR Card, she just sent this Address Notification form online. Any idea how we can know the status of her first PR Card? Thank you!

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Thanks @Flyingfast , she tried to link her application to her IRCC secure account, but it is not found. Since my wife arrived as newcomer recently she did not actually have to apply for her first PR Card (I read newcomers do not apply for her first PR Cards). Maybe that is why we don't find any application? is there other way to know the status of her first PR Card?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Thanks @Flyingfast , she tried to link her application to her IRCC secure account, but it is not found. Since my wife arrived as newcomer recently she did not actually have to apply for her first PR Card (I read newcomers do not apply for her first PR Cards). Maybe that is why we don't find any application? is there other way to know the status of her first PR Card?
My wife also just arrived on Feb 6 at Toronto Pearson Airport. The place of birth has to be exact! I had problems linking because I was putting my wifes city of Birth and that never worked. I tried the Parish she was born in and that worked.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
My wife also just arrived on Feb 6 at Toronto Pearson Airport. The place of birth has to be exact! I had problems linking because I was putting my wifes city of Birth and that never worked. I tried the Parish she was born in and that worked.
If your wife's application is linked to PR tracker then put in place of birth same as in there. in my case it was in format: city, state. So I added in same way then it found my application.

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Thanks @Flyingfast , I follow this route canada.ca > immigration and citizenship > my inmigration or citizenship application, then in check the status of your application I select in the picklist "Permanent Resident Card" and then enter her UCI number and country. Doing this I find the history of her application since the beginning up to the moment they say my wife landed at the airport on Feb 06. Is this the same path you follow? or you use this link of application tracker: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en ? Thanks for your help!