+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st passport of Canadian child born outside canada

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My one year old just received his Canadian Citizenship Certificate (was born in Pakistan to a Canadian Citizen).
We are now applying for his first Canadian passport.

We are including this:
pptc-042, 2 photographs both stamped by photographer with date & his address, (one of which has signature of Guarantor also)

The problem:
What I don't understand is why I need to submit the PPTC116 Notice also. Because it only applies to cases of temporary passport, which is not our case because the child already has his canadian citizenship certificate.
We are neither travelling anytime soon, nor are we requesting a limited validity passport. We need a normal passport for the child.
If i submit the pptc116 form anyway, will they issue my son a limited validity passport rather than a normal 5-year one?

kashuhussain

Star Member
May 4, 2014
I am in same condition i need your advice please inbox me thanks

Screenager said:
My one year old just received his Canadian Citizenship Certificate (was born in Pakistan to a Canadian Citizen).

We are including this:
pptc-042, 2 photographs both stamped by photographer with date & his address, (one of which has signature of Guarantor also)

The problem:
What I don't understand is why I need to submit the PPTC116 Notice also. Because it only applies to cases of temporary passport, which is not our case because the child already has his canadian citizenship certificate.
We are neither travelling anytime soon, nor are we requesting a limited validity passport. We need a normal passport for the child.
If i submit the pptc116 form anyway, will they issue my son a limited validity passport rather than a normal 5-year one?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Screenager said:

We are including this:

The problem:
1. No where (that I can find in the instructions is there the requirement that you submit PPTC 116 if you are applying for a regular 5 year passport.

kashuhussain

Star Member
May 4, 2014
I NEED HELP ..I AM FILLING PPTC-042 APPLICATION FOR MY SON'S PASSPORT ..WHO (Other parent or legal guardian)
PMM said:
Hi

1. No where (that I can find in the instructions is there the requirement that you submit PPTC 116 if you are applying for a regular 5 year passport.

saskatoonsnip

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife submitted application and signed 116 pptc. They asked to resend pptc 116 and pptc445. They did not provide her pptc445 when she visited high commission before and now they are asking for it. 445 needs my signatures as well and i am not in pakistan i am in canad. What should i do now

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife submitted application and signed 116 pptc. They asked to resend pptc 116 and pptc445. They did not provide her pptc445 when she visited high commission before and now they are asking for it. 445 needs my signatures as well and i am not in pakistan i am in canad. What should i do now
Copy, complete and sign PPTC 445:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/korea-coree/assets/pdfs/pptc445.pdf

Then, send it to your wife for her to sign and take to the high commission.

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hii
I need to apply for limited validity passport soon
1.The form PPTC 445 needs canadian citizenship details of parent
Only father is citizen n i m a PR
So what to write in other parent details??

2.the passport application form PPTC042 should be filled by parent who is Canadian citizen or the other parent??

3.can i apply for limited validity passport as soon as i apply for the citizenship certificate or should i wait for few days

4.is presence of the parent who is the Canadian cotizen required at the time of applying limited validity passport

5.lastly what are the original docs i need to submit while applying for the passport ??