+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

18 months of waiting... Is it normal?

slyangel

Jun 10, 2015
Finally got my PPR after 20 months and 11 days!!

Just a question spoonraccoon... it says to update about changes in family composition... i got married during PR process to a canadian citizen.. i informed them straight away.. do i have to inform them again now?

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
thanks for your time

i received my GCMS note : date generated 2015-09-22

still file is CIO office in gcms note

also it didn't say anywhere complex case , it says

Application status : OPEN
Application status reason : IN PROGRESS
you just got them just now? meaning today? it usually takes a month to get them. If you get them in September, the notes were generated in August. If they were generated in September, you got them in October.

Check the Paper file history, the Paper file transfer history, and activity.
tell me the last 3 locations and the name of the last 3 activities.
Look for "transit" for location. Let me know if you see it.

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slyangel said:
Finally got my PPR after 20 months and 11 days!!

Just a question spoonraccoon... it says to update about changes in family composition... i got married during PR process to a canadian citizen.. i informed them straight away.. do i have to inform them again now?
Congrats! when did you get PPR?
and I know that feeling! Mine took 18 months and 27 days!

If you informed them already, then no need to tell them again. Usually you need to inform them because your dependents need to go under medical and criminal examination. If your dependent isn't eligible, then you might not be eligible to get PR. But since your wife is a citizen, she doesn't have to go under these examinations.

slyangel

Jun 10, 2015
Got it just last night.
Yeah i informed them straight away and they emailed me back just saying thanks for the updated information we'll add it to your file.
Just worried because on my last gcms notes it still says single, dont want my COPR coming back with single on it. Though i dont think it should be too much of a problem if i go to border with marriage cert and proof i emailed them the info and proof they received it. As shes a citizen it has no effect on my PR.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
SpoonRaccoon said:
you just got them just now? meaning today? it usually takes a month to get them. If you get them in September, the notes were generated in August. If they were generated in September, you got them in October.

Check the Paper file history, the Paper file transfer history, and activity.
tell me the last 3 locations and the name of the last 3 activities.
Look for "transit" for location. Let me know if you see it.
hi today i called cic they said my file now is in ottawa

the Paper file transfer history, and activity.
the last 3 locations and the name of the last 3 activities:

activity : i didn't find any transit for location as you asked

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
hi today i called cic they said my file now is in ottawa

the Paper file transfer history, and activity.
the last 3 locations and the name of the last 3 activities:

activity : i didn't find any transit for location as you asked
told ya. expect a decision by march 2016.

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksingh2198 said:
I guess i am the last applicant stand on this waiting battle 21 month done no dm no ppr..
damn. what's your time line and number of dependents?

raj23

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Hi guys I am ne to this forum. I got my AINP in April 2014. and then i applied for my fed. they received my application on Apr.28,2014. I did my medical in june 2014 and paid my RPRF in january 2015. I am still waitin for my ppr. I am so worried about my application. is this much time normal or? please help thanks.

ksingh2198

Aug 18, 2015
I am 6 feb 2014 applicant i have 3 depender wife and 2 kids..I got gcms nots to everything is right on that .today i email to cpc ottawa they give me quick response our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. we do not require any information from you at the present time.an officer will contact you if further information is required. guys what should i accepts plz advise me tx.

param7791

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
ksingh2198 said:
I am 6 feb 2014 applicant i have 3 depender wife and 2 kids..I got gcms nots to everything is right on that .today i email to cpc ottawa they give me quick response our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. we do not require any information from you at the present time.an officer will contact you if further information is required. guys what should i accepts plz advise me tx.
Are you done with your medical exams? And where washout file transferred to? NDVO?

raj23

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
i have no dependant, still this is my 19th month. i don't really know what to do. i called cic so many times but only one answer that they are checking my background.