+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

18 months of waiting... Is it normal?

Mikmik

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Hi guys! Anyone here that got DM recently that are waiting for PPR? How long do we need wait for it I'm 2 weeks now from my DM status?
Thanks in advance guys!

rp15

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
paguio said:
Received request from CIC for medical re-assessment within 30 days. Somehow its a good sign... our application is now moving.

Thank you LORD! :) :)
Hi, is it for you or for your dependent?

TC

Jul 3, 2014
Hello friends,

I submitted my PR application under BC PNP since July 2014 and my file was transferred to Singapore in October 2014 for processing. However, until now my ECAS status still shows "in process" and I have not received MR yet although I'm in Canada now under work permit. Very worried-:( Already 14 months up to now.

Do you think I should apply for GCMS notes? I've seen some people doing medical check upfront although not receiving MR yet. Should I do that? Grateful for your views, thanks.

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
rp15 said:
Hi, is it for you or for your dependent?
For my dependent only :) :) :)

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prasanna987 said:
They ask me additional Doc regards to my marriage.. I sent them in sept 2014....
I sent marriage documents in sep 2014 too. Ever since they requested medicals for my wife and that's all. They said my application is in the queue. 18 months now... what a long ride.

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made it! my application reached 18 months! I can legitimately complain in this thread! lawl.

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
I just want to share this with you guys, when I checked my ECAS yest., I noticed another 2 lines were inserted, line 2 and line 4, which happened last year and updates was only made now. Last week, Sept 10, I received an instruction from CIC for medical re-assessment (for my dependent only). It's already 16 mos. since I filed and they received my application. So right now, I am pretty sure that my application was really on process because of these movements. Glory to God! Hope and pray that we all got our approved permanent visa! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

We received your application for permanent residence on May 1, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 17, 2014.
We started processing your application on May 6, 2015.
We sent you medical instructions on June 17, 2014. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.

Mikmik

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Yesssss finally!!! Received PPR just now...
Question, please anyone who can answer, my son is still outside canada but I have his passport with me here can I send it together with mine in Ottawa. The email says if anyone outside Canada I need to contact them to organized in the visa office near to my dependant.

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Mikmik said:
Yesssss finally!!! Received PPR just now...
Question, please anyone who can answer, my son is still outside canada but I have his passport with me here can I send it together with mine in Ottawa. The email says if anyone outside Canada I need to contact them to organized in the visa office near to my dependant.
Wow! Congrats!! Hope all of us here in this thread will be next.... :) :) :)

Prasanna987

Feb 28, 2015
This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Submit new updated schedule A forms for you and your spouse. For questions 8 and 12 you have to give answers from yours 18 yrs of age to date. Even though the form indicates that information is needed from either 18yrs of age or the past 10 yrs , information is needed from yours 18 yrs of age to continue processing your application. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Please provide Original Police Clearance from the Police Headquarters, Colombo 1, for you and your spouse which covers the period from 18 yrs of age to date. The Police Certificate should contain yours residential address(s) as listed in Q:12 of schedule A of yours application. It should not refer to yours mailing address if different or consultant's address. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit IELTS / CELPIP results. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit copy of any post-secondary Degrees/Diplomas for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit evidence of employment (start and end dates, employer information, main duties) for all employment held in last 10 years for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit updated recent evidence of minimum 10 K funds for establishment. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit a copy of the National Identity card for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
Sincerely,
Canadian High Commission - Immigration Section
33A Fifth Lane, Kollupitiya, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka

MY QUESTION-
I applied under PNP category. Im Ainp - PNP nominated.. why they are asking this kind of doc again?
Even Now my status "in Process" and its almost 20 Months now.
earlier I sent twice my PCC and medical.
im Inland Applicant and my spouse out side canada.

Really disappointed with this latter.. :-\

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prasanna987 said:
This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Submit new updated schedule A forms for you and your spouse. For questions 8 and 12 you have to give answers from yours 18 yrs of age to date. Even though the form indicates that information is needed from either 18yrs of age or the past 10 yrs , information is needed from yours 18 yrs of age to continue processing your application. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Please provide Original Police Clearance from the Police Headquarters, Colombo 1, for you and your spouse which covers the period from 18 yrs of age to date. The Police Certificate should contain yours residential address(s) as listed in Q:12 of schedule A of yours application. It should not refer to yours mailing address if different or consultant's address. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit IELTS / CELPIP results. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit copy of any post-secondary Degrees/Diplomas for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit evidence of employment (start and end dates, employer information, main duties) for all employment held in last 10 years for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit updated recent evidence of minimum 10 K funds for establishment. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Submit a copy of the National Identity card for you and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/xx/xx

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
Sincerely,
Canadian High Commission - Immigration Section
33A Fifth Lane, Kollupitiya, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka

MY QUESTION-
I applied under PNP category. Im Ainp - PNP nominated.. why they are asking this kind of doc again?
Even Now my status "in Process" and its almost 20 Months now.
earlier I sent twice my PCC and medical.
im Inland Applicant and my spouse out side canada.

Really disappointed with this latter.. :-\

10k for establishment? what's your NOC and did you add your spouse in the middle of your application or after AINP?