+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

18 months and still am waiting for my husbands papers...any ideas?

tinandfrank

Nov 28, 2007
One and a half years ago the papers were put into Canadian Immigration for my husband of then 3 1/2 years to come here from the US. He reads, writes and speaks English, he has a University degree, no police record and is a truck driver. We are not wealthy people. We have not only gone broke but are now in debt trying to get the immigration dept. to move on this. They have slowed the process down by claims of a problem with a ticket for speeding when he was 19 in Maryland (he is now 45). Then they "misplaced his FBI report and my signed sponsorship agreement (which had already been passed in Mississauga). It has been an ongoing nightmare. I have been traveling and living between Canada and the US for a year and a half. I hear about people actually getting their mates into this country and am amazed....it is still an ongoing nightmare for us. I started a blog site immigrationnightmare.blogspot.com and asked for help, but didn't get any answers. I am pretty hopeless at this point. I don't see any light at the end of this dark immigration tunnel. I would love to sue the immigration dept for destroying our lives. We are in debt up to our ears, we can't live and work in the same place and we can't seem to get any help. If anyone has any ideas out there I would love to hear from you.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
This is so unbelievable that they could be so careless about your documents and stuck on his teen age ticket! I have started to suffer the slow time wasting torture from CIC. I wish I could help you. I know how it must be to live like that. All I can do for you is to give you my opinion as to why CIC may delay cases for particular sponsorship applicants. I was wondering about my case, there is no issue with me in the past with authorities whatsover, I have a decent education and a decent job in the government department in my country. But me and my wife are way over thirty years old. In my opinion, CIC or immigration ministry has their own policies and objectives/goals to balance the ratio of immigrants from different countries and of different age brackets. They cannot go against the broad policy of the government or whoever the authority there is, who dictate them what kind of people should be brought to Canada. Obviously, preference will be given to those who meet this criteria, for example, young couples who will have babies soon, plus who will work and contribute towards economy more quickly maybe. That is why, they send or reunite couples who meet their broad policy objectives for immigrants and delay the cases of those who are not going to make significant and quick economic contribution to the country. They probably use delaying tactics by misplacing documents or waiting for some insignificant information about applicant for security reasons froms some stupid department or doing something with your record on their system and claiming it later that it was technical fault which you cannot do anything about. Unless they have solid reasons to refuse the application for PR to sponsor a spouse, they will just drag it as much as they can. And CIC must have this internal approval to visa offices around the world that they will not be questioned about delayed cases if the cases are being delayed according to the broad policy guidelines. I have been told that they keep cases into three or four tracks. Fast track, medium track and slow track, something like that. And cases like yours and mine are kept in slow tracks. Because we r not in our twenties and may not plan babies, or may not work in the fields where young labor is required, I dont know, maybe I am thinking like this because I am getting crazy over this waiting torture for nothing. But I do have an evidence about technical mistake that they made about my information and its dragging my case for this stupid reason probably. Wish you all the best in your endeavours!

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
You may also like the topic here " The slap on the face of us those who are taking the correct route". We come here to share and vent out as well.