+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

17th draw

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is extremely unlikely that they will do two draws in one week. Please don't base all your hopes on a draw today/tonight.
As for the OOPNP's, Ontario sent out over half their invites for EE in June. Those that submitted in June, should be getting those points this month, there is a good chance of a high invite round in the near future.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
usman_14pk said:
Hi, if I am not wrong, you don't get any invite yet then how did you lodge your application and paid the relevant fee i.e. $1500 before that?
I got an invite back on aug 26. Thats why i sent them 1500$draft along with a nig pile of docs

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I did not say they will always do the draw on Fridays - that's just been the pattern so far. This week the draw was declared on a Tuesday - that it was because of the holiday is pure speculation. No one except CIC knows for sure and I haven't said anything different. I'm not in the predictions game because I don't have either foresight or an insight into the internal machinations of CIC.

It is possible that there could be a draw just below 450 but it looks unlikely for now. PNPs have started kicking in from August and Ontario alone would contribute 2700 of those over the next 3-4 months. CIC has no real reasons to reduce the cutoff drastically or even bring it to 450 in the near future unless the provinces delay sending out nominations or there are back-to-back draws (neither of which seems likely).

Instead of rejoicing in me being proved wrong (though I still don't know how I could be wrong when I always employ may/might while talking of these issues) do respond with any logic that you might have to justify your high levels of confidence that the cutoff will go below 450 in the near future. And please don't say that CIC will have to do it else no one will apply for EE in 2016 - this forum is proof enough that people will keep applying regardless of draw cutoffs. Plus you are completely discounting the fact that the LMIA route is very much alive (not yet kicking though). And the elections are unlikely to have anything to do with EE draws - elections have an impact on policy issues not on operational guidelines for an EE draw.

I understand and appreciate your attempts at providing hope to the forum but do consider tempering these earnest and sincere attempts with reality checks and sound logic where you can.
Haha, what a pointed reply. This is just my opinion, but I'm gonna try and refute your claims:
1) Provincial nominations won't all kick in at the same time, and it's not a guarantee, for example, that all 2,700 Ontario PN applicants will be approved and selected. I am sure that there are quite a number of rejected applications. So, even if next month we see there's 1K applicants with PN in the pool (Which is extremely unlikely btw), the regular number of ITAs in a draw, which is 1500 lately, would likely absorb all applicants with the PN and then a few stragglers, bringing the score down to it's current average of 450~. We are not gonna see CRS score rise and stay in 700s just because of PNs.

2) The reason the score will fall bellow 450: As CIC has said it numerous times, there's currently a backlog of old applications that are still being processed, but once the backlog is eliminated, EE will be the main source for selecting immigration applicants. Less backlog = More ITAs sent out = Applicants with scores bellow 450 get selected. The backlog for FSW applications is set to be gone by 2016, and I know for a fact that as late as December 20, 2015, the backlog for CEC applicants will be completely gone. So next year, which is only 3.5 months away, will bring a completely different EE selection process.

3) When it comes to the elections, this is were you are the most wrong. Each of the political parties running has a clear stance on immigration. One great example is Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe, the critic for Citizenship and Immigration in Tom Mulclair's team. She has been vocal and critical about Express Entry since the beginning, blasting Chris Alexander any chance she gets in Parliament. If the NDP wins, she's the new MP for Citizenship and Immigration, taking control over Express Entry. On the other hand, if the liberal party wins, they have promised to introduce an in Canada fast-track program to allow temporary workers, international students, and live-in caregivers to apply for permanent residence within Canada faster. Both the NDP and Liberal parties are currently ahead of the conservative party by at least 3 points in the polls, and the elections are 5 weeks away. The elections will have LOTS to do with immigration.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
Haha, what a pointed reply. This is just my opinion, but I'm gonna try and refute your claims:
1) Provincial nominations won't all kick in at the same time, and it's not a guarantee, for example, that all 2,700 Ontario PN applicants will be approved and selected. I am sure that there are quite a number of rejected applications. So, even if next month we see there's 1K applicants with PN in the pool (Which is extremely unlikely btw), the regular number of ITAs in a draw, which is 1500 lately, would likely absorb all applicants with the PN and then a few stragglers, bringing the score down to it's current average of 450~. We are not gonna see CRS score rise and stay in 700s just because of PNs.

2) The reason the score will fall bellow 450: As CIC has said it numerous times, there's currently a backlog of old applications that are still being processed, but once the backlog is eliminated, EE will be the main source for selecting immigration applicants. Less backlog = More ITAs sent out = Applicants with scores bellow 450 get selected. The backlog for FSW applications is set to be gone by 2016, and I know for a fact that as late as December 20, 2015, the backlog for CEC applicants will be completely gone. So next year, which is only 3.5 months away, will bring a completely different EE selection process.

3) When it comes to the elections, this is were you are the most wrong. Each of the political parties running has a clear stance on immigration. One great example is Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe, the critic for Citizenship and Immigration in Tom Mulclair's team. She has been vocal and critical about Express Entry since the beginning, blasting Chris Alexander any chance she gets in Parliament. If the NDP wins, she's the new MP for Citizenship and Immigration, taking control over Express Entry. On the other hand, if the liberal party wins, they have promised to introduce an in Canada fast-track program to allow temporary workers, international students, and live-in caregivers to apply for permanent residence within Canada faster. Both the NDP and Liberal parties are currently ahead of the conservative party by at least 3 points in the polls, and the elections are 5 weeks away. The elections will have LOTS to do with immigration.
Are you in Canada? Because I'm not hearing much support or relevance being given to the NDP's.. Looking like a Conservative/Liberal race and right now, their policies on taxation and employment matter more to the people who actually get to vote in this election..

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
^ NDP and Liberals are a slightly ahead of Conservatives, so it is looking more like NDP vs. Liberals right now.
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/poll-tracker/2015/index.html

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maybe but opinion polls mean nothing once the votes go in. And I'm only commenting based on my perception of the people around me and their opinions on it. no one really seems to consider the NDP's as a viable alternative. Or maybe they're just keeping quiet here.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
purplesnow said:
maybe but opinion polls mean nothing once the votes go in. And I'm only commenting based on my perception of the people around me and their opinions on it. no one really seems to consider the NDP's as a viable alternative. Or maybe they're just keeping quiet here.
So your perception of a small demographic is more representative than a national opinion poll?
Remember political tendency varies greatly with locations

Consider all the recent scandals with Harper's government and landslide win in Alberta NDP, I'd surprise they didn't fall way behind.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
So your perception of a small demographic is more representative than a national opinion poll?
Remember political tendency varies greatly with locations

Consider all the recent scandals with Harper's government and landslide win in Alberta NDP, I'd surprise they didn't fall way behind.
since I specifically said I was commenting based on what I'm seeing and hearing around me, no I'm not saying i'm more representative of a national poll. stop trying to stir where you have no need to.
I also said it was specifically around me so again, fully aware political allegiances differ according to location.
I'm not saying they wont do well, I'm saying I don't see any support for them around where I am, I only commented originally as I'd like to get an idea of political feeling in other areas. And as opinion polls tend to be based on people's responses to cold calling or random surveys on sites, I don't find them to be all that trustworthy, I'd like to get an actual opinion of the political feeling from what other people are seeing and hearing from the people who actually get to vote.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Leave all that guys , please tell one thing will this election affect the existing EE 2015? what will happen to people who are in process of PR (after ITA) .?

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
Are you in Canada? Because I'm not hearing much support or relevance being given to the NDP's.. Looking like a Conservative/Liberal race and right now, their policies on taxation and employment matter more to the people who actually get to vote in this election..
Yeah, I'm in Canada, I live in Toronto. Are you, cause it seems like you didn't hear about the historic NDP win in Alberta this May. <a href="http://www.cbc.ca/news/elections/alberta-votes/alberta-election-2015-results-ndp-wave-sweeps-across-province-in-historic-win-1.3062605">Here's</a> a link you can visit to hear all about it. The polls are definitely not reliable, but they have consistently painted a picture of the political landscape leading to the elections. I'm really excited because it's looking like a third place finish for the Conservative party, and both the NDP and Liberal party have promised to review immigration.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
sraj07 said:
Leave all that guys , please tell one thing will this election affect the existing EE 2015? what will happen to people who are in process of PR (after ITA) .?
The fair way would be like CEC-pre-EE to CEC-EE. Process those who have already applied, and stop accepting new applications.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016

singh100

Mar 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
There was some speculation that CIC might do draws on Tuesday going forward instead of Friday but no one knows for sure. What can be safely ascertained is that they are unlikely to do more than 2 draws per month and the next draw in September would be most likely on 25th or 29th of this month with the cutoff in the 460s or higher.
how can you say this.. do you have any news from cic or any link where we can see this.
plz don we offended but stop predicting these thing owe your own.