+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

16th draw happening tonight - strong intuition

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
I will be visiting the lawyer office tomorrow (India time) and try to force the staff to create it in front of me. If I am able to fill in the profile by say 5am EST, I think I should be in for the possible draw on Friday

The reason I am not doing it on my own - I don't have a birth certificate (In India birth certificate was not required prior to 1989) and the lawyer has helped me get self declared form for the same. I just want the paper work to be perfect. I lost couple of draws as I had to apply for re-evaluation for my WES report and they took close to a month for re-evaluation.
You don't need birth certificate under EE.

Unlikely to have a draw tomorrow but, with that score of 471, you are likely to get an ITA within the next 1-2 draws. All the best!

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Asivad Anac said:
You don't need birth certificate under EE.

Unlikely to have a draw tomorrow but, with that score of 471, you are likely to get an ITA within the next 1-2 draws. All the best!
Ohh. The lawyer mentioned that birth certificate may be checked during the process and getting papers in order is a good way forward. I will check with him tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Your posts have been very informative and helpful

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just like the title sez..

I have a strong intuition that the 16th draw will take place tomorrow.. 8) 8) 8)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
Why not tomorrow :( :(
Because CIC hasn't done a first-Friday-of-the-month draw except in Feb and Aug. Feb 7th was an accidental draw which pulled out the exact same number of candidates as Jan 31st draw while Aug 7th happened because July had 2 back-to-back draws leaving the last 2 weekends in July with no draws so the pool had enough replenishment time by Aug 7th.

The most recent draw happened on the penultimate Friday of August and counting for 2 Friday gap till next draw leads one to conclude that CIC is likely to draw on 11th Sep (or later) but not earlier than that. Which might not be a bad thing because if they do 2 draws in September the 2nd draw will happen on 25th (with a gap of 2 weeks) and that will push the cutoff to 450 or even slightly lower than that.

It is of course possible that CIC does 0 draws till January 2016 or does 1 draw/month or just keeps the cutoff artificially inflated till it suits them because they have already achieved the lower limit (15) of their anticipated draw numbers for 2015.

Not trying to scare anyone but these are the facts - I'm waiting for an ITA myself and my score (450+) has taken a beating from the last time around.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
Ohh. The lawyer mentioned that birth certificate may be checked during the process and getting papers in order is a good way forward. I will check with him tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Your posts have been very informative and helpful
And do show them this link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document

Purpose

To prove the dependent children's relationship to the parents

Document requirements

This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children. The document must be one of the following:

birth certificate;
equivalent document from birth country; or
letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well it never happens on a Thursday night anyway

royalking

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

why people within 430 to 460 so worried you all have a chance within next 2 to 3 draws ,but for people like me at 389 , god knows why i lost .5 points for my writing .... when we will be getting ITA......... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

the longer the gap between draws the points will be higher, frequent draws will bring the points down ..........

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Because CIC hasn't done a first-Friday-of-the-month draw except in Feb and Aug. Feb 7th was an accidental draw which pulled out the exact same number of candidates as Jan 31st draw while Aug 7th happened because July had 2 back-to-back draws leaving the last 2 weekends in July with no draws so the pool had enough replenishment time by Aug 7th.

The most recent draw happened on the penultimate Friday of August and counting for 2 Friday gap till next draw leads one to conclude that CIC is likely to draw on 11th Sep (or later) but not earlier than that. Which might not be a bad thing because if they do 2 draws in September the 2nd draw will happen on 25th (with a gap of 2 weeks) and that will push the cutoff to 450 or even slightly lower than that.

It is of course possible that CIC does 0 draws till January 2016 or does 1 draw/month or just keeps the cutoff artificially inflated till it suits them because they have already achieved the lower limit (15) of their anticipated draw numbers for 2015.

Not trying to scare anyone but these are the facts - I'm waiting for an ITA myself and my score (450+) has taken a beating from the last time around.
No draws till Jan 2016 will be a killer blow to everyone. I hope they don't stop at 15 draws only :-X

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
royalking said:
:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

why people within 430 to 460 so worried you all have a chance within next 2 to 3 draws ,but for people like me at 389 , god knows why i lost .5 points for my writing .... when we will be getting ITA......... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

the longer the gap between draws the points will be higher, frequent draws will bring the points down ..........
I hope you are re-appearing for IELTS.

qx43

Aug 23, 2015
zanny said:
No draws till Jan 2016 will be a killer blow to everyone. I hope they don't stop at 15 draws only :-X
I would be surprised if they stopped at 15 draws, but there might not be many more though this year. The assertion that draws done now are towards 2016 PR targets seems reasonable to me and that they will continue to some degree.

However, while I don't like bringing up negative thoughts, given the 'technical' claim of recesesion in Canada, and an upcoming election and trying to accommodate more Syrian refugees, it makes me believe that it may become harder to immigrate, at least under economic reasons for the remainder of this year.

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
Dear Asivad and Dan,

I really need your help in selecting the Education details in EE profile.

I have these detail on my ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Secondary school diploma
2. Diploma (two years)
3.Bachelor's degree (three years)

In the EE profile creation there are two options before master degree.

A) Two or more Certificates , Diplomas, Degree(one must be for three years or more)
B) Bachelor's Degree OR a Three year program at university, college, trade or technical school or other institute

which one should I select, because first I select A, and I had 341 points , then later updated to B and now my points drop to 322. now I am confused and need your assistance

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
mpjaved said:
Dear Asivad and Dan,

I really need your help in selecting the Education details in EE profile.

I have these detail on my ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)
With this equivalency you can choose only option (B) Bachelor's Degree OR a Three year program at university, college, trade or technical school or other institute

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Secondary school diploma
2. Diploma (two years)
3.Bachelor's degree (three years)

In the EE profile creation there are two options before master degree.

A) Two or more Certificates , Diplomas, Degree(one must be for three years or more)
B) Bachelor's Degree OR a Three year program at university, college, trade or technical school or other institute
Refer to this link for more details: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
which one should I select, because first I select A, and I had 341 points , then later updated to B and now my points drop to 322. now I am confused and need your assistance Can't you give IELTS again to improve your score...? Hope you calculated your scores accurately using CIC's CRS tool

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
thank you Sita, ya I have got these points while submitting and later updating the profile