+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

16 months course = 2 yr visa = 3 year pgwp ??? is this right ?

Akpjbr

Dec 12, 2018
I studied 4 semesters =16 months & got 3 years work Permit without any hassle & even though got my PR. So you should be Ok.
Hi I have been offered 22 months diploma course and also one coop term is included in this course. Will I get 3 year work permit? Because this is 22 months course. Plz answer

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Hi I have been offered 22 months diploma course and also one coop term is included in this course. Will I get 3 year work permit? Because this is 22 months course. Plz answer
As you can see in previous posts, you will get 2 to 3 years work permit. Solely depends on visa officer.

Rajan@123

Jan 14, 2019
I got offer letter of centennial college may 2019 intake for mechanical engineering technology- design (fast track) advance diploma which is of two year(4 semester) but in my offer letter the approximate date of completion of is given dec 2020 So after completing the course for how much period of PGWP I WILL get please tell me.

Django93

Jun 5, 2020
I want to apply for a masters program in Memorial University in Canada. The program is course based and they have mentioned the duration as 1-2 years depending on the number of courses you take. How can I extend this to two years? I know PGWP of 3 years is given only for 2 year courses. How much years of PGWP will the above mentioned course get??

Django93

Jun 5, 2020
I want to apply for a masters program in Memorial University in Canada. The program is course based and they have mentioned the duration as 1-2 years depending on the number of courses you take. How can I extend this to two years? I know PGWP of 3 years is given only for 2 year courses. How much years of PGWP will the above mentioned course get?? Please explain this to me. I am in a confusion for program selection.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I want to apply for a masters program in Memorial University in Canada. The program is course based and they have mentioned the duration as 1-2 years depending on the number of courses you take. How can I extend this to two years? I know PGWP of 3 years is given only for 2 year courses. How much years of PGWP will the above mentioned course get?? Please explain this to me. I am in a confusion for program selection.
Read the permit validity section with the spdecific qualification for a masters where it implies a 16-23 month masters course may qualify for 3 years

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Django93

Jun 5, 2020
Read the permit validity section with the spdecific qualification for a masters where it implies a 16-23 month masters course may qualify for 3 years

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html
Thank you for the reply

The university says that some students complete the course in 1 year of full time study and others may go up to 2 years. Most universities offer Masters in 1-2 years. I don't exactly understand what is this period of 1-2 years. And even if I pursue such a course , how can I finish it in 2 years and not in one year. We need a 2 year course for 3 years PGWP. It is a course based program. Please do reply. I am quite new to the study abroad scenario.

Khaja khan

Aug 21, 2019
16 months course is actually the 2 year course .

2 year course is actually divided in 4 semesters in which 1 semester = 4 months .

Some courses have schedueled breaks for 4 months and some have 2 breaks , that's why its considered as 2 years course .

Aniways your course will be considered as a 2 year cousre and you will get 3 years PGWP even if you study 4 semesters without any drop for 16 months .

Hope that helps :)
My LOA mentioned 4 semesters which start at Jan 2021 and ends at April 2022.
So im I eligible for 3 years PGWP?
And Do i have any summer break?

Nikita27

Feb 27, 2021
My main doubt is that :-
1)University of Winnipeg-
Network security post diploma (1 year +4 months means 16 months duration stated in offer letter )

Now I can not find another 1 year Post Graduate computer science course after my completion of these in order to get 3 years PGWP.
What should I do now please suggest me sir I am very depressed.