+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1560 hours requirement for FSW. Is IRCC lenient with this?

inderpartap

Oct 18, 2021
Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a perplexing doubt regarding my Express entry application and I hope someone might be able to give some insights into it.

The situation is that I have received a PNP nomination (under EEBC International Post Graduate stream) and I was going to apply for Express Entry using that. My international work experience is 10 days short of the required 1-year work experience (PNP requires you to be eligible for at least one of the other streams like FSW). I have 1530 hours which is 30 short of the required 1560 hours. Should I take a chance and apply for EE, or just wait it out until I am eligible for CEC?

Thanks in advance.

Animesh15

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a perplexing doubt regarding my Express entry application and I hope someone might be able to give some insights into it.

The situation is that I have received a PNP nomination (under EEBC International Post Graduate stream) and I was going to apply for Express Entry using that. My international work experience is 10 days short of the required 1-year work experience (PNP requires you to be eligible for at least one of the other streams like FSW). I have 1530 hours which is 30 short of the required 1560 hours. Should I take a chance and apply for EE, or just wait it out until I am eligible for CEC?

Thanks in advance.
Hi @inderpartap, were you able to file your PNP/EE with 1530 hours? I'm in a similar situation, applying for FSW to be eligible for BCPNP EE programs.