+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

15 year old TB scar on the lungs.. employment visa should be any problem?

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
Hello

I was diagnosed with active TB in the year 2002 which got completely cured with medicines by 2003.

There is old TB scar / fibrotic lesion showing on my chest x-ray and even on CT scan.
But i am completely healthy
All the tests like xray, ct scan, sputum afb test and Mantoux test etc all came negative.
My pulmonologist doctor declared me fit and and there is no active tb signs.

I have been selected by a facility management company in Canada for a 2 year work contract on employment visa

They said to submit IELTS results and medical reports.. i submitted.
I spoke to the General Manager of the company he said your medical fitness report by a pulmonologist says your fit with no active tb.

Please suggest me.. am i going to get rejeced??

Thank you so much for your time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How did you find this job? It is very strange that your employer asked for IELTS and you say you have an ETA which is not possible. Have you been asked to pay any money? If so don't!

You will likely have to do a sputum test and redo x-rays in 3 months to rule out active TB but that should only delay approval.

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018

Hi Canuck78

Thanks for the quick reply

I have attached the local newspaper ad of Canada job offer for your reference

My eTA number is: J513275788
They said it not a visa but just a passport verification

Please help

How did you find this job? It is very strange that your employer asked for IELTS and you say you have an ETA which is not possible. Have you been asked to pay any money? If so don't!

You will likely have to do a sputum test and redo x-rays in 3 months to rule out active TB but that should only delay approval.

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
Hi canuck78,

My employer said my visa process will take no less than 4-5 months

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
Hi canuck78,

Company name is Avgur Estate

They said they have tie ups with facility management company in Canada

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
This is not a Canadian company. This is likely a scam. ETAs are not granted to Indian citizens so the ETA is not real.
forget the eTA.
Please tell me about the old tb scar process.
Should i go for the sputum culture test now itself before they asked me to, because it will take 8 weeks for the result

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
forget the eTA.
Should i go for the sputum culture test now itself before they asked me to, because it will take 8 weeks for the result
You need to follow the directions outlined by the panel physician. Your bigger concern is this is not a true job.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
forget the eTA.
As you have already been told in your other thread, you are being scammed. You are wasting your money doing a medical.

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
As you have already been told in your other thread, you are being scammed. You are wasting your money doing a medical.
I will try some other company in Canada.. but at least i should know that old tb scar is not a problem for me waste my time & money finding jobs and applying if they do not allow old tb scar people

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no point in doing the medical without a job. Medicals expire and it is very difficult to secure employment as a foreign worker living abroad unless you have some special skillset.

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
There is no point in doing the medical without a job. Medicals expire and it is very difficult to secure employment as a foreign worker living abroad unless you have some special skillset.
Hmm ur correct...

Recently in November 2018 there are more than 93,000/- new job vacancies have in Canada in different provinces..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We also have new graduates and immigrants looking for work. These figures will likely be revised. It is a long and expensive process to hire individuals who aren't currently able to work. If you want to spend your money doing a medical for fun go ahead.

Goanboy

Dec 8, 2018
We also have new graduates and immigrants looking for work. These figures will likely be revised. It is a long and expensive process to hire individuals who aren't currently able to work. If you want to spend your money doing a medical for fun go ahead.
I am talking about the low level jobs like housekeeping, laundry etc

Which graduate would want to do like this job?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am talking about the low level jobs like housekeeping, laundry etc

Which graduate would want to do like this job?
There are immigrants, Canadians, refugees that also do these jobs. It is not easy to get a job from abroad an there are lots of people (often in your own home country) trying to scam people out of their money with promises of a future in Canada or another country. If you have good life in India your life may not be better in Canada.