+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

13 Years Old Sport Champion

mstr64

Jan 14, 2016
Hello,

My son is 13 years old and he is holding a few records in his sport field in our country in middle east.

His records matches canada’s province competition standards and a few sport teams are interested for him to play in those clubs.

My questions are:

1-what type of visa he gets for playing in an amateur sport team?

2-since he’s 13 years old, will my wife and I get a visa as well?

3-what about his education? Should i pay for international expensive schools? Or he can study in a free public school?

4-is there anyway he could get a PR? Or we as a family get a PR?

Your kind help will be appreciated.

Please help me.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

My son is 13 years old and he is holding a few records in his sport field in our country in middle east.

His records matches canada’s province competition standards and a few sport teams are interested for him to play in those clubs.

My questions are:

3-what about his education? Should i pay for international expensive schools? Or he can study in a free public school?

Please help me.

Thanks.
1. There isn't one. You could try applying for a study permit for him to attend school here and he could play on the side.

2. No, you don't get visas just because your kid does.

3. You will need to pay around $12-14 thousand per year for him to attend school.

4. No, you cannot use your 13 year old child to get PR. If he comes to Canada to study and continues on with his post-secondary education and works here, he may eventually qualify to apply for PR.

mstr64

Jan 14, 2016
1. There isn't one. You could try applying for a study permit for him to attend school here and he could play on the side.

2. No, you don't get visas just because your kid does.

3. You will need to pay around $12-14 thousand per year for him to attend school.

4. No, you cannot use your 13 year old child to get PR. If he comes to Canada to study and continues on with his post-secondary education and works here, he may eventually qualify to apply for PR.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply,

My son is a record breaking age group in his field and if he plays for some clubs in Canada, he will bring a new record for the clubs.

Isn't it something? I mean he can help the clubs to get better record and ranking. This doesn't help Canada?

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
Hello,

My questions are:

Please help me.

Thanks.
To add to what's already been said:

You will need a guardian for your son who should be present in Canada and have valid status atleast if not a citizen or PR.

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019

My son is a record breaking age group in his field and if he plays for some clubs in Canada, he will bring a new record for the clubs.

Isn't it something? I mean he can help the clubs to get better record and ranking. This doesn't help Canada?
Unfortunately that's not how immigration works.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

No, a child breaking a record really isn't a big deal and doesn't really help Canada.

You will need to find another way to come to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

This may help the teams, but this doesn't give your family a path for immigrating here.

As said, he would need a study permit to come to Canada and pay tuition of around $15,000 per year (more if it's a private school) and living expenses are around $10,000 per year. Only he would be able to come on the study permit. You would not be able to accompany him. You would have to find a guardian in Canada who is willing to take care of him while he is here. If there are clubs that really want him to play in Canada, perhaps you can find out if they would be willing to pay for his tuition and living expenses - and also find a guardian for him.

His sports abilities provide no path to immigration for either him or you. If you wish to immigrate, you (his parents) will have to qualify through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

Reactions: star.igg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you child is good At a sport you are more likely to get a scholarship for a US school. At 13 he isn’t likely to get a scholarship but for the end of high school or college it may be possible. Canada isn’t really into sports, especially high school or collegiate, like the US. Yet again this just means he may get a scholarship not immigration and only for himself not his family.