13 february exam answer

daraz

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Same I got, L-8.5, R-8.5, Speaking 7.5 and in writing 6.5. Should I go for re-mark??
Go for it but don't expect a change. Just try your luck. I thought I would get a 7.5 this time but again got a 7. It was my third time taking the test.

Dhruv2004

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Go for it but don't expect a change. Just try your luck. I thought I would get a 7.5 this time but again got a 7. It was my third time taking the test.
Hey would you be able to do a favour by posting ur essay that you wrote on exam so that i can find out the problem in my pattern , i mean if you are free

Reactions: daraz

daraz

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey would you be able to do a favour by posting ur essay that you wrote on exam so that i can find out the problem in my pattern , i mean if you are free
I cannot remember the exact essay but it was like this:

Intro had 2 sentences, first a long sentence paraphrasing the question, and the second sentence was my point of view which I disagreed:

1st. Many argue that governments should levy tariff on unhealthy food to reduce the consumption levels of unhealthy products, namely frozen or pre-prepared food...
2nd. I feel that there are better approaches to this as will be discussed in this essay.

Body parahraph 1 had roughly 3 long sentences:

1st. A group of people believe that by imposing tax on fast food and pre-prepared food the usage would be reduced...
2nd. Although I respect their viewpoint, I feel that by raising public awareness we are capable of having a better impact on the populace...
3rd. I cannot remember my example but at the end of it I added this sentence: ", hence the importance of other practices in this regard such as ... ." to connect it with the next paragraph.

Body paragraph 2 had 3 or 4 sentences.

1st. Having the required assets and resources, governments are able to make compelling TV adverts to tackle this burgeoning issue, which has proven to be more impactful that taxation.
2nd. Making such advertisements would not only reduce consumption, but also alert people of the future consequences of using such produce...
3rd. An example about an imaginary country which had made adverts and had been successful to reduce the usage by more that 30 percent.

Conclusion had 2 sentences:

1st. Paraphrase the question again: While some people think that states should tax unhealthy products, others, myself included, think that by making people more aware we can become more successful...
2nd. Stated my viewpoint and suggested that it was a better thing to do.

The essay had about 280 words: Intro had 50 words, P1 had 80 words, P2 had 90 words, Conclusion had about 50 words.

Just remember that you should keep it simple and you should not use any word that you are not sure about the meaning. You should attempt a lot of grammatical structures. Also, you should reduce your redundancy by not following the fixed templates which many recommend; you should write in your own style. Notice the red colored structures, it's as easy as that but you also have to reduce your errors such as spelling and ... . Remember that it's better to start with task 2 and then task 1. I think my task one was around 6.5 max because I didn't use almost any complex grammar, so task 2 has more credit for sure. I have to mention that I scored 7 three times in a row; anything higher than that needs a huge improvement.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhruv2004

p.r

Mar 5, 2020
hi, how r u?
sorry I have taken the test on the 13 th feb, and I have got clb 10 for 3skills, except reading which is 7.5. I am sure about reading and I want to ask for remark. but I am wondering may be there was a question which asked to write no more than one word and I have not paid attention because I didnt check the questions, just answer them because of stress, I think I forgot!!!! I want to ask you if you remember did the reading part contain any “no more than one words” in 13 feb test?