+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12 months or 1560 hours??

SoniaLLL

Sep 20, 2019
hello,
i created my EE profile june 12, got invitation june 25..but i only completed the number of hours for 1 year experience not the whole 12 months i will complete my 12 month in july 8..my question is should i decline the invitation and delete the profile n create another one?? or just decline the invitation and stay in the pool..?
How went your application? I have the same problem, I created my profile 7 days before I completed the 52 weeks and I got the ITA 2 days after (what a good luck). I am going to decline the invitation? Did you create a new profile too? I hope you already got your PR!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
How went your application? I have the same problem, I created my profile 7 days before I completed the 52 weeks and I got the ITA 2 days after (what a good luck). I am going to decline the invitation? Did you create a new profile too? I hope you already got your PR!
You should be okay. Since you got ITA AFTER you completed your 52 weeks. EE creation date is only relevant for the tie breaking rule.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Nop, I got the ITA 5 days before the 52 weeks were completed :(
I see. You can search for posts like this in the forum, there’s tons of them. The consensus is proceed and submit AFTER you gained 1 year work experience. Your ref letter should also be dated AFTER you gained one year work experience.

psalmg

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015 Redetermined
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
27-05-2015 Redone
Interview........
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
Submitted with Docs
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-09-2016
Do not decline the invitation. Just wait to submit your application until you have the ful 12 months of work experience.
He can submit his application once his work experience is even above 9 months and above 1560, but can not submit if under 9 months and under 1560 hours. So you are good to go to submit

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Check the official website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

It states clearly-
“Examples of change in circumstance that would impact a candidate’s CRS score
Changes that could increase a candidate's CRS score:

Graduation from a higher level of schooling;
Reaching an additional year of Canadian work experience;
Obtaining a certificate of qualification
Improved language test scores.”

CRS is always re-calculated on the basis of the documentation you submit. Nobody will judge you on the basis of ITA, unless your CRS drops or you are found ineligible after your documents have been reviewed.

Regarding work hours,
Again follow the official website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Take into consideration that it states-
“We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.”
Which means- if you have worked 50 hrs/week for 8 months (total of 1600 hrs), they’ll calculate it as 30 hrs/week for 8 months (total of 960 hrs).
Eventually, it ends up being exactly 1 year of continuous work experience.
If you can achieve that by the date your ITA expires, you can easily submit. And based on the first half of this post, you are supposed to be safe.
If you can’t achieve the work experience by the date of expiry of the ITA, I would still suggest not to decline the ITA. You can just let it expire and your profile goes back into the pool and is eligible for the next relevant draw.

Reactions: KabeerWest77