Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent 26-06-2012,
Doc's Request.
All documents were sent with application
IELTS Request
Band : 7.0 / sent with application
yon said:
there is no way you can go into 500 cap next year. You need to wait 30th June for CIC announcement such as new forms, checklist, etc then submit.
only the canadian based consultant can reach the cap by completing their overtime work within 1 day, DHL, then reach CIC office at early 09:00.
there is no way us could beat the quota. :'( :'(
and still you might not fall in cap for some mysterious, unknown, unexplained reason.. or even for no reason :( :'( :'(

SmGrGe

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011, cc charged on 12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted including PCC
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted, 8.5 band
File Transfer...
In Process at VO: 22-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
AVSNEH said:
Expln:
In 2nd para, Whatever I said in my 1st para, is confirmed by 2 people (ref. given in my earlier post : cousin[who is staying in canada since 11 yrs now, & my lawer Mr. xxx who is parcticing in Canada High Commission since 10 years now]) I also applied for 1122 for this year (after Jul '1 2011) by concerning my lawer.
In 3rd para, I am giving you an example of my sister in law ( who is wife of my same cousine and applied through same process FSW Last Year.) She got PR in th emonth of Nov'10 and went there in the month of Dec'10. while she applying she also cleared this question [whether we can apply under 2 NOC codes or not] and applied so....
FYI, She had 8 years of expr. and while her interview our VO (New Delhi) asked her to consider only current Occupn. and not the one which she was doing 3 years earlier....
I was just sharing my expernc.......
Anyways, lets see..... I have applied under one NOC only....... and I hope i dont have to apply it for any other NOC........

Thankx....
In the application forms i used.. we could give order of preference of NOC... i dont know if this option is still there after july 18...
We could mention the order in which you want to be considered... for my case.... all 3 jobs were 1122... so no confusion...
but you can mention more than 1 NOC in the same application form provided you have one year full time continuous employment in each.

alaindotcom

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 02-7-2011 Received 08-07-2011
AOR Received.
CIC PER 28-09-2011 MANILA VO AOR 18-10-2011
IELTS Request
Band 9.0 Original TRF sent
Med's Request
Sent 22-11-2011 Received 14-12-2011
Med's Done....
Meds Done 15-12-2011; Sent 26-12-2011 Received 16-01-2012; Payment for RPRF sent 21-12-2011 Received 22-12-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-2012
LANDED..........
03-13-2012
SmGrGe said:
In the application forms i used.. we could give order of preference of NOC... i dont know if this option is still there after july 18...
We could mention the order in which you want to be considered... for my case.... all 3 jobs were 1122... so no confusion...
but you can mention more than 1 NOC in the same application form provided you have one year full time continuous employment in each.
Right. You can indicate multiple NOCs for consideration so long as you have spent at least a year in each one in the last 10 years. They then ask you to indicate the order of priority by which you will be assessed for eligibility. :)

SmGrGe

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011, cc charged on 12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted including PCC
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted, 8.5 band
File Transfer...
In Process at VO: 22-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
alaindotcom said:
Hi Yon. You can do what I did this year.

(I don't have an agent. I don't think anybody needs one where the FSW program of Canada is concerned. The program guide is straightforward. I am finding out that the only source of confusion is a wild imagination that often leads to fear, and subsequently to fear-mongering in the forum. haha)

I just read the news on CIC regularly. I also followed CIC on Twitter and Youtube. I prepared my documents and application papers ahead of the July 1 opening, using forms that were current as of the last week of June. On July 1, I checked the CIC website and saw that although there were changes in immigration policy and in the forms, not everything were to take effect immediately. The old forms, in particular, were still going to be accepted until X date. So I submitted my application on July 2 and made it to the cap this year.

I don't think Canada-based consultants or any consultant for that matter have the advantage of time. They have to submit forms duly signed by clients who are residing outside of Canada. So if there are any changes in policy and or forms, the re-submission process may actually take a lot longer for those who still have to send completed forms out to their agents. Immigration consultants or agents can sometimes be an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy.

Pray that I make it to Canada this year. If I make it good in Canada on my first year, you guys send me your application packages ahead of time so I can camp out of the CIO in Nova Scotia on June 31, and personally hand in your application packs as soon as CIO's doors open on July 1, 2012. hahaha. Just kidding.

Good luck to everyone.
I TOTALL AGREE WITH ALAIN. This is the same thing I did. We had applied earlier in 2008 and it was sent back because our profession was not on the MI 1 list.. we were not in a managerial position - some 38 ouucpations then.

We were eligible last year but our Canada based consultant never gave us proper updates and we totally relied on them, so missed it ... then we decided... forget the consultant and we continuously monitored CIC news and realized MI - 3 would open up on July 1st 2011. This realization was sometime around April 2011. So, we decided to keep all documents ready including filled up application forms - i used to continuously check for updates to any of the forms or guides..

So, then came June 30th and July 1st.... i chanced upon this forum on June 30th this year and saw that some people were already applying to beat the cap... I decided to wait.. then came July 1st.. We are based in the Middle East so we decided to wait till July 1st in Canada gets over to see if there were any updates.... the only change i saw was... the cap counter started but no changes in points or IELTS, etc... except the 500 cap.. which was already mentioned a week before July 1st. So, went ahead and applied on July 2nd..., our application went the opposite direction to New Delhi instead of going westwards... but then it reached US, then Canada and CIO on July 7th instead of July 6th (as promised by Fedex) - our credit card is charged, awaiting PER.. if God wills.. if not, its just not His will.. Man proposes, God disposes... and He always has best laid plans for us all!!!

For those who may be trying next year... forget consultants, constantly update yourself on CIC news (even i follow them on twitter), get everything ready - especially IELTS, original transcripts if required, PCC towards the end... 2-3 months in advance.. and come July 1, 2012.... ensure no updated forms...or guides... and voila! Apply ASAP!

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
ghazisultan said:
Dear All, After receiving following email i hope left the hope; and started working on plan B i.e Australia best wishes to everyone. how much time does it take to get back the application.

Dear Client,
This is an update on the processing of Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted after the new CAP was announced on July 1, 2011. Out of the list of 29 open occupations, one (1) has reached the CAP of 500 and another is almost there, as follows:
1122 – Professional Occupations Business Services to Management – CAP reached on August 22, 2011
3152 – Registered Nurses – CAP almost reached. Stands at 473 on September 13, 2011
What does this mean?
Well, this date is very misleading as it only shows when the office in Canada registered or opened new applications and that the number they opened reached 500. The Program Manager of this Central Intake Processing Office located in Nova Scotia, Canada, Mr. Randy Orr, at a recent seminar for consultants held in Toronto, confirmed that they had received 34,000 applications so far in all categories.Given the small number of applicants shown in other categories, we can assume that most of this number was for the occupation listed above and others that are almost at 500 or high up in number.
The PM also confirmed that over half had already been sent back by regular mail after a delay of 2 or more months for review or are in the process of being sent back due to the CAP being reached or for the reason of a small issue such as not checking a box or not providing the correct document as per their requirement, which for the most part given their new checklists which are very ambiguous, is not at all difficult to do. These are all tools to refuse applications and keep numbers down, which have been built into the system.
To say the least, Canada's current way of processing applications and treating applicants has much to be desired. However, given the demand for entry into Canada, they can afford to adopt such an attitude and business model. The only remedy is to challenge them in Federal Court, which for most is not really an option given the cost, time and no guarantee of positive outcome.
While this is not reassuring to our clients or provides any sort of clarification we will advise you individually once we have any update on your application.
While the issues discussed, would generally apply only to occupations with high CAP numbers, we are hopeful that the ones showing lower numbers will not be effected and files will be accepted.
While I can understand your frustration at not knowing the outcome or where things stand, I am only able to provide information that is available. For all of us, we are in unchartered waters so to speak and are learning as we go. We will do our best to give you the best possible options to move forward and work diligently to achieve your goals.
Hi - if your consultant is right that means that roughly 33,000 (yes 33k!) applications were received under NOC1122 - apreciate there may have been very many but this many? Sorry i doubt this is correct unless people just send in applications without reading the guidlines, i would bet as well that a lot of applications sent are false/not complete with desperation taking the lead!

AVSNEH

Dec 11, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Send with Application
Nomination.....
Bank (BOI) : BD Charged 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 14-09-2011 10:53 AM (EDT)
IELTS Request
Send with Application (7.5 Band)
File Transfer...
RBVO: 5-10-2011 2nd AOR: 05-10-2011. (09-10-2011: 'In Process')
Med's Request
12-01-2012 by Lawyer, 13-01-2012 by me over E-mail
Med's Done....
14-01-2012 Sent by DMP: 24-01-2012 Med. Recv Line: 03-02-2012
Interview........
Waived..(by God's grace)
Passport Req..
13-01-2011 (DD/PP sent on 25th Feb'12)
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2012 (DM:7/7/12) (Got PP in Hand-11-07-2012)
LANDED..........
21-09-2012 [img]http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/holidays/canada-day/canadian-flag-small.png[/img]
Hi Sm...,

Wish you a very gud luck and hope to see you in Canada.....
:)

Can you tell me the validity of PCC in our country?? i did it in the month of Oct'10. Do I need to apply agian for PCC ? if so, can you tell me the procedure??

I have a small kid, does he require to do medicals if my application gets approved without an interview???

Pl guide....

SmGrGe said:
I TOTALL AGREE WITH ALAIN. This is the same thing I did. We had applied earlier in 2008 and it was sent back because our profession was not on the MI 1 list.. we were not in a managerial position - some 38 ouucpations then.

We were eligible last year but our Canada based consultant never gave us proper updates and we totally relied on them, so missed it ... then we decided... forget the consultant and we continuously monitored CIC news and realized MI - 3 would open up on July 1st 2011. This realization was sometime around April 2011. So, we decided to keep all documents ready including filled up application forms - i used to continuously check for updates to any of the forms or guides..

So, then came June 30th and July 1st.... i chanced upon this forum on June 30th this year and saw that some people were already applying to beat the cap... I decided to wait.. then came July 1st.. We are based in the Middle East so we decided to wait till July 1st in Canada gets over to see if there were any updates.... the only change i saw was... the cap counter started but no changes in points or IELTS, etc... except the 500 cap.. which was already mentioned a week before July 1st. So, went ahead and applied on July 2nd..., our application went the opposite direction to New Delhi instead of going westwards... but then it reached US, then Canada and CIO on July 7th instead of July 6th (as promised by Fedex) - our credit card is charged, awaiting PER.. if God wills.. if not, its just not His will.. Man proposes, God disposes... and He always has best laid plans for us all!!!

For those who may be trying next year... forget consultants, constantly update yourself on CIC news (even i follow them on twitter), get everything ready - especially IELTS, original transcripts if required, PCC towards the end... 2-3 months in advance.. and come July 1, 2012.... ensure no updated forms...or guides... and voila! Apply ASAP!

alaindotcom

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 02-7-2011 Received 08-07-2011
AOR Received.
CIC PER 28-09-2011 MANILA VO AOR 18-10-2011
IELTS Request
Band 9.0 Original TRF sent
Med's Request
Sent 22-11-2011 Received 14-12-2011
Med's Done....
Meds Done 15-12-2011; Sent 26-12-2011 Received 16-01-2012; Payment for RPRF sent 21-12-2011 Received 22-12-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-2012
LANDED..........
03-13-2012
richardo3 said:
Hi - if your consultant is right that means that roughly 33,000 (yes 33k!) applications were received under NOC1122 - apreciate there may have been very many but this many? Sorry i doubt this is correct unless people just send in applications without reading the guidlines, i would bet as well that a lot of applications sent are false/not complete with desperation taking the lead!
Agree. The number can't be right for the period from July 1, 2011 to present.

Consultants will blame The System and say just about anything to take attention away from their inability to secure for their client a spot within the 500 cap. There is nothing ambiguous about the program guides and checklists. Any claim to the contrary is pure hogwash. Additionally, there is nothing that your consultants know that you can't possibly know if you just went through the program guides as well as other relevant literature on the CIC website. That is how comprehensive CIC has been.

Another thing that I find funny is this supposed contemplation of a federal lawsuit. The idea is just so baseless and absurd that I won't even bother with a rebuttal.

Nova Scotia is waking up to a brand new workweek. Let's all hope it rains good news this week.

momad

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-May-2013
my consultant was supposed to send the application to reach first working day on July. missed it completely and after constant pushing finally sent it on last day of first week (8th). and it reached 12th. consultants also are greedy business ne. they try to save a few dollars (after ripping 1000s from us) by try to collect as many applications as possible to and courier only one pack to save on couriering charges. that is the only logical answer to why they delay sending even when they have all documents ready.

so even if your set is ready by June 25th but if another client of theirs has not got theirs ready yet, the consultant will try to save money by sending both together. hence the one that was ready on time also misses the date.

alaindotcom said:
Agree.

Consultants will blame The System and say just about anything to take attention away from their inability to secure for their client a spot within the 500 cap. There is nothing ambiguous about the program guides and checklists. Any claim to the contrary is pure hogwash. Additionally, there is nothing that your consultants know that you can't possibly know if you just went through the program guides as well as other relevant literature on the CIC website. That is how comprehensive CIC has been.

Another thing that I find funny is this supposed contemplation of a federal lawsuit. The idea is just so baseless and absurd that I won't even bother with a rebuttal.

Nova Scotia is waking up to a brand new workweek. Let's all hope it rains good news this week.

R

RKC

AVSNEH said:
Hi Sm...,

Wish you a very gud luck and hope to see you in Canada.....
:)

Can you tell me the validity of PCC in our country?? i did it in the month of Oct'10. Do I need to apply agian for PCC ? if so, can you tell me the procedure??

I have a small kid, does he require to do medicals if my application gets approved without an interview???

Pl guide....
Avsneh,

(Taken from CIC website)
If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.

Kids don't have to medicals as far as I know.

If the VO requests you for a new PCC ,you can get it from Regional Passport Office.

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
alaindotcom said:
Agree. The number can't be right for the period from July 1, 2011 to present.

Here here, glad there is another sense speaking as appose to a consultant who could be trying to cover his tracks. The consultant won't know anymore than us, i have asked my consultant to find out but they can't do anymore other than wait or we can email in after the 6 weeks has lapsed from document submission. My consultant is from London and works in a very reuptable agency as i have explained before, i would go by their word definately..... They also state that initial correspondance times are around 8 weeks, by that they mean don't expect top hear from the CIC until after your application has been with them for 8 weeks!

I suggest to EVERYONE that you are patient and wait for your own news, listening to others may bring optimism but may also bring doubt - and there are some very dubious answers within this forum as well, though some very helpful ones - make an educated guess :)

R

RKC

momad said:
my consultant was supposed to send the application to reach first working day on July. missed it completely and after constant pushing finally sent it on last day of first week (8th). and it reached 12th. consultants also are greedy business ne. they try to save a few dollars (after ripping 1000s from us) by try to collect as many applications as possible to and courier only one pack to save on couriering charges. that is the only logical answer to why they delay sending even when they have all documents ready.

so even if your set is ready by June 25th but if another client of theirs has not got theirs ready yet, the consultant will try to save money by sending both together. hence the one that was ready on time also misses the date.
True.
Yes, no one can/will handle our application better than we ourselves.
If you can understand basic English & read CIC guide thoroughly, you are good to go.

Emado

Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/7/2011, Rec. 18/7/2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
LANDED..........
Hopefully if CAP not reached ...
Hi Folks,

I'm checking the excel sheet which includes many members in this topic ,, and there is few ppl whom their application received in 18/7 & 21/7 have processed their BD or CC .... its not clear what this CIC doing !! is it the first 500 Application should be processed or per VO .. or what ?!!

Thanks,
Emado

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Emado said:
Hi Folks,

I'm checking the excel sheet which includes many members in this topic ,, and there is few ppl whom their application received in 18/7 & 21/7 have processed their BD or CC .... its not clear what this CIC doing !! is it the first 500 Application should be processed or per VO .. or what ?!!

Thanks,
Emado
Hi Emado - i'm afraid there is no way of knowing, none of us know as we don't wor for the CIC, can't connect with them properly but what we do know is when they get in touch with us either via mail or email we have an answer. People will have their opinions but opinions are not facts i'm afraid my friend. FACT :)

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

Please see the link below & comment...

http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&discussionID=71156449&gid=73790&commentID=52088100&goback=%2Eamf_73790_56746007&trk=NUS_DISC_Q-subject#commentID_52088100

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
RKC said:
True.
Yes, no one can/will handle our application better than we ourselves.
If you can understand basic English & read CIC guide thoroughly, you are good to go.
The NOC list for 2011-2012 was updated on 26th of june. If you have the file ready for shipping then you are ok to make it in the cap.