+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 months and 5 days foreign work experience accepted in express entry as 1 year

May 26, 2023
Hi everyone,
what happened is when i applied my study permit from india, I submitted my experience letter with that application. And later on now i checked that my employer only mentioned from 18 feb 2014 to 23 jan 2015, but actually i worked one and half year until 30th June 2015. Now if it does count in months its going to be a year but in terms of days i am running out of 25 days around.
Good thing is my employer agreed to give me new experience letter with correct information and i have all the supporting documents.
I need this one year experience bcoz points are bit high currently its 488 and i am at 473.
So I just want to know that should i attach new experience letter with correct dates since ircc already have my old experience letter with different dates.
My immigrations consultant said it can be a risk but we can say that its clerical error in old experience letter and we can approve that with explanation letter.
I am concerned that it might be a misrepresentation or false misleading information ??
can anyone guide me ?
thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
what happened is when i applied my study permit from india, I submitted my experience letter with that application. And later on now i checked that my employer only mentioned from 18 feb 2014 to 23 jan 2015, but actually i worked one and half year until 30th June 2015. Now if it does count in months its going to be a year but in terms of days i am running out of 25 days around.
Good thing is my employer agreed to give me new experience letter with correct information and i have all the supporting documents.
I need this one year experience bcoz points are bit high currently its 488 and i am at 473.
So I just want to know that should i attach new experience letter with correct dates since ircc already have my old experience letter with different dates.
My immigrations consultant said it can be a risk but we can say that its clerical error in old experience letter and we can approve that with explanation letter.
I am concerned that it might be a misrepresentation or false misleading information ??
can anyone guide me ?
thanks.
You don’t have a year of experience even with new letter.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone,
can anyone guide me ?
thanks.
You can add the new experience. You need to explain how you overlooked the dates and upon calculating CRS, you discovered the discrepancy and fixed it. Do you anywhere manually entered your dates from 18 feb 2014 to 23 jan 2015 during your student application? I'm not super familiar with the info students submit.

Is your consultant a RCIC or a Canadian lawyer?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You don’t have a year of experience even with new letter.
It does come out to be 1 year and 4 months with 9 additional points if OP worked from February 18, 2014, to June 30, 2015, right?

Duration of work experience:
  • February 18, 2014, to June 30, 2015 = 1 year and 4 months (approximately)
Additional points:
  • 1 year of foreign work experience: 9 points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It does come out to be 1 year and 4 months with 9 additional points if OP worked from February 18, 2014, to June 30, 2015, right?

Duration of work experience:
  • February 18, 2014, to June 30, 2015 = 1 year and 4 months (approximately)
Additional points:
  • 1 year of foreign work experience: 9 points
Read it wrong.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay
May 26, 2023
Hi isaidgoodboy,
Actually during my study permit application they hv not mentioned exact dates in application, just months like Feb 2014 to Jan 2015 however experience letter that attached with my application has dates on it, like 18feb 2014 to 23rd Jan 2015,
Yes my consultant is rcic registered but he is not lawyer.

May 26, 2023
You can add the new experience. You need to explain how you overlooked the dates and upon calculating CRS, you discovered the discrepancy and fixed it. Do you anywhere manually entered your dates from 18 feb 2014 to 23 jan 2015 during your student application? I'm not super familiar with the info students submit.

Is your consultant a RCIC or a Canadian lawyer?

May 26, 2023
Actually during my study permit application they hv not mentioned exact dates in application, just months like Feb 2014 to Jan 2015 however experience letter that attached with my application has dates on it, like 18feb 2014 to 23rd Jan 2015,
Yes my consultant is rcic registered but he is not lawyer.