+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

100 days of delay for cic letter. Is this normal? I really need your advices

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
Hi guys

I have a question about cic letter for spouse sponsor

My application sent in Sep 2011 from quebec and I was supposed to have an answer from cic by Dec 2011. On 9 dec 2011, when I checked my online status, they noted that a decision has been made on my case, and a letter was sent to me on the same day. However, they also noted that I must preview the delay in mail delivery.

With the holiday was coming, I thought that the letter may come after the holiday, so I waited until jan 2012 but still did not received anything. I decided to call to call center asking for help. An agent told me then that cic did not send me a mail but an e- email. It is kind of surprised because I check email everyday even in spam and I have not received anything. So the agent said that he send an email to the processing office to notify my case and told me to call back in 30 days if I don't have news.

Another 30 days of waiting and today when I called back, another agent checked my status, and she told me that my case had been notified a month ago, but I am supposed to wait for another ... 3 months before they check for the delay.

Without the letter of cic, I cannot go to MICC for the CSQ, and I really don't know what to do now. What if I call in 3 months and they tell me to wait another 6 months to receive a mail that I supposed to receive in Dec 2011.

Even after the letter of cic, still I have to wait for the Quebec CSQ, then another 21 months document processing From visa office. Total time of waiting will be nearly 30 months, and now i am not even sure about it. It is kind of hard, very hard.

So what to do in this situation? I appreciate any advice from you guy.

Thank you for taking your time to read the message.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
u can contact your MP and explain everything to him/her.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
libra81 said:
Hi guys

My application sent in Sep 2011 from quebec and I was supposed to have an answer from cic by Dec 2011. On 9 dec 2011, when I checked my online status, they noted that a decision has been made on my case, and a letter was sent to me on the same day. However, they also noted that I must preview the delay in mail delivery.

With the holiday was coming, I thought that the letter may come after the holiday, so I waited until jan 2012 but still did not received anything. I decided to call to call center asking for help. An agent told me then that cic did not send me a mail but an e- email. It is kind of surprised because I check email everyday even in spam and I have not received anything. So the agent said that he send an email to the processing office to notify my case and told me to call back in 30 days if I don't have news.

Another 30 days of waiting and today when I called back, another agent checked my status, and she told me that my case had been notified a month ago, but I am supposed to wait for another ... 3 months before they check for the delay.

Without the letter of cic, I cannot go to MICC for the CSQ, and I really don't know what to do now. What if I call in 3 months and they tell me to wait another 6 months to receive a mail that I supposed to receive in Dec 2011.

Even after the letter of cic, still I have to wait for the Quebec CSQ, then another 21 months document processing From visa office. Total time of waiting will be nearly 30 months, and now i am not even sure about it. It is kind of hard, very hard.

My opinion for you is to contact your Visa office and provide them with your current mailing address and email so they can update your file.
Tell them to re-send the un-received mail or email using the information you have provided. or Contact your MP and give him/her your email id and mail address so he/she can forward it to your visa office.

Note: Not all MP rep are active. You must also quote your Name, file#, and Date of Birth.

Goodluck

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
Eddy070 said:
My opinion for you is to contact your Visa office and provide them with your current mailing address and email so they can update your file.
Tell them to re-send the un-received mail or email using the information you have provided. or Contact your MP and give him/her your email id and mail address so he/she can forward it to your visa office.

Note: Not all MP rep are active. You must also quote your Name, file#, and Date of Birth.

Goodluck
Thank you Eddy and Suva, but I think there is nothing to do with the visa office Here, I am not yet in that phase.

I believe I am still in phase 1 - sponsoring person with decision made but still waiting for the federal confirmation letter.

For sponsored person, they only noted application received
For the time being, this is Mississauga office handling my document, and the only way I can contact an agent is to call the call center and ask them to help me re send the letter. I checked with them: my file, address, email... everything is correct and the agent tell that i have to wait, I know there is nothing they can do about it because they aren't not responsible for processing the file.

I take your advise about the MP. However, the problem is I am not a citizen, only PR for 2 years. So i dont know if the Local MP will help me with this matter. But I will try to send her an email tomorrow.

Will update When I have news.

Again thank you very much for sharing me the experiences.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
libra81 said:
Thank you Eddy and Suva, but I think there is nothing to do with the visa office Here, I am not yet in that phase.

I believe I am still in phase 1 - sponsoring person with decision made but still waiting for the federal confirmation letter.

For sponsored person, they only noted application received
For the time being, this is Mississauga office handling my document, and the only way I can contact an agent is to call the call center. I checked with them: my file, address, email... everything is correct and the agent tell that i have to wait, I know there is nothing they can do about it because they aren't not responsible for processing the file.

I take your advise about the MP. However, the problem is I am not a citizen, only PR for 2 years. So i dont know if the Local MP will help me with this matter. But I will try to send her an email tomorrow.

Will update When I have news.

Again thank you very much for sharing me the experiences.
doesnt matter if u r citizen or pr. contact the MP without any hesitation.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
libra81 said:
Hi guys

ok but what's the status on ur e-cas? or does it say started processing ur PR application or anything like that? (or just application received) u can also contact the vo and maybe tell them that there's a delay u don't have the sponsor letter to apply for the csq and kindly ask them to start processing the file if it's its turn

definately u need to find that letter but even if the CSQ part is delayed some people say that officers still start to process ur application; they will not just stay and wait for the csq (hopefully!!) if the letter is lost by the post isn't there any way to do any follow up with the local post office?

what abt MICC, did u try u try to talk to anyone there and explain the situation? did they give u any advice at all? :/

good luck!! (keep us updated)

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
libra81 said:
Hi guys

You must inform CIC-M that you did not receive approval letter. They will resend or email you approval letter. With out ciCIC-M approval letter Quebec MICC will not accepect their application. Singapoe wil never process without csq. You have time. Singapore must want before file goes in process. Ask cic-m to resend they will do.

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
mirjahan said:
You must inform CIC-M that you did not receive approval letter. They will resend or email you approval letter. With out ciCIC-M approval letter Quebec MICC will not accepect their application. Singapoe wil never process without csq. You have time. Singapore must want before file goes in process. Ask cic-m to resend they will do.
Dear
I am fully aware that singapore won't process without CSQ. In fact, I think the sponsored document cannot be sent to visa office prior to the accomplishment of the sponsor assersement.

Asking CIC to resend the letter is what I was trying to do in the last 3 months, and I were told to wait for another 3 months as I already explained in threat. I may wait for a year before I have a response from CIC, the letter that everyone in this forum receive within 90 days maximum.

Just send a letter to the M.P asking for help today. Will update whether it works or not.

Tks you all.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
libra81 said:
Dear
I am fully aware that singapore won't process without CSQ. In fact, I think the sponsored document cannot be sent to visa office prior to the accomplishment of the sponsor assersement.

Asking CIC to resend the letter is what I was trying to do in the last 3 months, and I were told to wait for another 3 months as I already explained in threat. I may wait for a year before I have a response from CIC, the letter that everyone in this forum receive within 90 days maximum.

Just send a letter to the M.P asking for help today. Will update whether it works or not.

Tks you all.
Normally We receive that letter with in 10 days. Is CIC-M agent told you that you are approved and eligible as a sponsor? Or still in pending?
I had a friend whose approval letter was missing by post mail and when he did request CIC told them without that letter he can not apply for CSQ . They send him sameletter by e-mail address. I do not know why they are taking so much time for you.

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
mirjahan said:
Normally We receive that letter with in 10 days. Is CIC-M agent told you that you are approved and eligible as a sponsor? Or still in pending?
I had a friend whose approval letter was missing by post mail and when he did request CIC told them without that letter he can not apply for CSQ . They send him sameletter by e-mail address. I do not know why they are taking so much time for you.
They note "decision made" on my e cas on 9th dec 2011 and a letter sent the same day. An call center agent told me that I meet the requirement.

How did your friend contact CIC to request a resent letter? As far as I know, the only way is to call the call center, and they told me exactly what I wrote in this threat.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
libra81 said:
They note "decision made" on my case on 9th dec 2011 and a letter sent the same day. An call center agent told me that I meet the requirement.

How did your friend contact CIC to request a resent letter? As far as I know, the only way is to call the call center, and they told me exactly what I wrote in this threat.
He called call centre and they did send to his e-mail. Try to call again asked if you were approved. All call centre agent are not same. If it is not helpful only option is left getting help from local MP.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope this helps.

If you did access your Ecas and it says decision made. But after you have contacted them and they told you that they did send you a letter, obviously your first stage is done meaning you're approved as a sponsor and your file must have been transferred to the visa office handling your application for the second stage. Correct me if i'm wrong here.

At this point you can contact the visa office direct handling your file at this time not Mississauga. Request for a file# and also ask if there is any other additional document that you need to be provide. Like i said before provide them with a valid mailing address or email id which they can always reach you with.

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
Eddy070 said:
Hope this helps.

If you did access your Ecas and it says decision made. But after you have contacted them and they told you that they did send you a letter, obviously your first stage is done meaning you're approved as a sponsor and your file must have been transferred to the visa office handling your application for the second stage. Correct me if i'm wrong here.
Yes eddy, this is exactly the situation, but i am not sure I am approved and my file has been transferred or not though. I still need the CSQ to be fully approved anyway so I don't get my hope high.

Today, I came to MP office and talked to an agent, he is very helpful, he said that I knocked the right door, and the office is handling many immigration cases. He promised to help by sending to CIC office. He asked me to fill a form, sign, and told me to call back in 2 weeks if I still don't have a response. Clearly, 2 weeks is better than 3 months so I hope I can have some good new by then.

Will update if there is a change.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Similar situation happened to me, my wife was approved to sponsor me in October 2011 and they supposedly sent us a letter but we never got it. And applying through Quebec, we need badly that letter in order to apply for CSQ. Our file was transferred to our visa office in October and in late November we received an email from the visa office requesting the CSQ and saying that they needed that in order to finalize our application, but we didn't have any letter from CPC-Mississauga yet. We called numerous times to the call center, the agents always said to wait another 3 weeks. We contacted our MP regarding the situation, after 3 weeks we got the letter.

Keep us updated! Good luck to you!

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
Dear members

I have received my letter today, bringing the total waiting days to 115. But I felt so relaxed by now. MP office was really helpful, the letter came exacly 3 weeks after the MP reminding letter. Now i will submit The CSQ application to MICC and join others members at "Singapore timeline"...to wait.

Once again, thank you for all your advices and support.