+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10 th draw lets B Positive

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Re: 10 th draw No Hopes Group

White knight 22 said:
But don't forget that so many occupations are regulated and most of it used to be in demand all the times like physicians, engineers, dentists , pharmacists and nurses .. so they can't get a job offer as they r not in possession of license to practice .. so LMIA can't be the right tool for addressing market shortage .. It might be a good tool for showing how some people cares about sorting things out for their relatives overseas.. i'm offshore but can't understand how a graduate student in Canada worked there for a year or 2 can't meet their standards and an overseas one can!!!
I totally agree... I am a dentist and have a publuc health degree.. But getting job offer from outside canada is tough

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015

cryptic said:
Yes and a 300-400 applicant from a third world country has good english right and is willing to assimilate into Canadian culture? If we're going to bring in foreigners from third world countries, we may as well bring in ones that can fill jobs that Canadians can't. Hence 600 points for job offers.
Are you canadian by birth?
Are you anti-immigration?
Are you one of the "high-quality" applicants with the 600 points?

If so why are you wasting your time on these forums? go respond to your ITA!

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

wifedoctor said:
Never mind him, he's an inflammatory member running around the forum curbing enthusiasm lol

a 100 point applicant with zero english and a lmia job is hardly "high quality". I don't mean to be degrading to anyone, but we must stop judging each other, we are here to help each other. Drop the sense of entitlement and literally join the pool.
What do you mean by zero english? All the EE candidates need to prove their level of english going thought IELTS or CEPLIP

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015

terulinkarezinka said:
What do you mean by zero english? All the EE candidates need to prove their level of english going thought IELTS or CEPLIP
I know that, i'm responding to the poster saying if they need a lmia then they won't waste their money on CELPIP/IELTS or ECA reports.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015
It's hard for people to remain positive about Express Entry, especially those in situations like myself, when the individuals charged with running the program are as dishonest as they have been. The program itself (admittedly only five months in) has done almost the complete opposite of what Chris Alexander, and to a greater extent Stephen Harper, promised it would do when they first announced to the public it last year. I've been in Canada since 2007... Went through two years of high school, a three-year college program and have been working full-time now for almost three years. I'm in a management level position and living in an area that typically struggles to attract skilled Canadian workers. Still though, I'm not deemed suitable or qualified enough for express entry...

When it was first introduced, Alexander claimed this program would "revolutionize" immigration services in Canada. It would make things faster, easier and more efficient for those looking to enter the country and would allow Canada to more effectively cipher through applicants and grant access to the most qualified/likely to come in and both acclimatize to the Canadian way of life and become an asset to the country. In my opinion though, this program was designed for larger corporations to fill entry level positions. It certainly wasn't designed to make immigration into Canada faster/easier for skilled workers. How else could you explain the fact those with less points than most of us on these boards, bloated by positive LMIAs, have been welcomed with open arms over the past few months.

Screw Express Entry. I've been forced into having my Canadian partner bring me in via spousal sponsorship now. It's pretty ridiculous how difficult it is for international students to gain permanent residency... Especially considering Canadian institutions spend so much time and money traveling overseas attempting to convince potential students Canada is the best place for them. It's a con. Come here, spend $50,000 plus in tuition fees only to be told you have to go home several years later. If not for my spouse, I'd be in a very precarious position right now and it's not fair. The bureaucrats in Ottawa have a lot of work to do with this program if they want to make the Canadian immigration system as fair, equal and transparent as they claim they want it to be.

If it weren't for my wife, there would be absolutely no way I'd stay in this country. The way that CIC is messing people around and playing with people's lives is ridiculous. There are other places out there, better places, that would be more than happy to open their arms and welcome you in.

All I'll say is good luck everybody. I truly hope you get the news you're waiting for. Just don't count on it.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015
cryptic said:
Canada owes you nothing. You CHOSE to come here to study, and paid to RECEIVE a CANADIAN education. If you don't like the system, go back to your own country.
It's cute that you have nothing better to do on a Saturday night than sit on an immigration messaging board for the sole purpose of trolling its users. I'd reply to your 'bait' but it's pointless attempting to engage someone as apparently narrow minded as yourself. Especially when it's fairly obvious you didn't read my entire message.

Have a good night baitin' bud.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015
cryptic said:
Says the guy doing the same.
Doing the same? I'm here providing my thoughts and opinions on a program I'm actively involved in. Remind me exactly what you're doing again...

sealy

Jun 21, 2013

cryptic said:
How so? Sub 700 applicants are low score with no valid job offer (i.e. won't fill a job Canada needs). They primarily have 3rd world quality education, barely passable english, and will thus have difficulty finding work in Canada and assimilating. How is that a quality applicant? 700+ applicants will immediately fill a job that Canada needs. Their score minus 600 points for job offer is not indicative of quality, as who would waste money on ways to increase points with job offer?
Do not be so arrogant. I am one of the 450-600's. I have a PhD from United States, clearly not a third world country and clearly no problem in assimilation. I came to Canada for a great job opportunity. My job has a positive LMO (the predecessor of LMIA) thus proof that it cannot be filled by Canadians. The only reason I cannot get the extra 600 points is that my job offer is not technically permanent. Not because the job is temporary, but because the job is of high standard and it requires several rounds of performance reviews and each time the job offer can only be given to the next review date. I am not going to give up this job for a lower skilled but legally permanent job just for immigration purpose.

For many people, getting into the 450-600 range means that they have advanced degrees (master or PhD). That alone means they are competing with few Canadians. Not getting the extra 600 points does not mean they are less qualified. Putting 600 points on the single criterion of a job offer is really overemphasizing the importance of job offer in measuring a candidates qualification, especially considering how restrictive and unreasonable the definition of a qualified job offer is, of which I am a victim.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013

cryptic said:
Plenty of Masters and PhD Canadians floating around unemployed here. They should get priority. Are you actually American though?
You clearly have no idea about advanced levels of education. A position filled by one PhD does not mean it can be filled by any other PhD. PhD-level positions are normally niche positions.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015

sealy said:
Do not be so arrogant. I am one of the 450-600's. I have a PhD from United States, clearly not a third world country and clearly no problem in assimilation. I came to Canada for a great job opportunity. My job has a positive LMO (the predecessor of LMIA) thus proof that it cannot be filled by Canadians. The only reason I cannot get the extra 600 points is that my job offer is not technically permanent. Not because the job is temporary, but because the job is of high standard and it requires several rounds of performance reviews and each time the job offer can only be given to the next review date. I am not going to give up this job for a lower skilled but legally permanent job just for immigration purpose.

For many people, getting into the 450-600 range means that they have advanced degrees (master or PhD). That alone means they are competing with few Canadians. Not getting the extra 600 points does not mean they are less qualified. Putting 600 points on the single criterion of a job offer is really overemphasizing the importance of job offer in measuring a candidates qualification, especially considering how restrictive and unreasonable the definition of a qualified job offer is, of which I am a victim.
It's pointless arguing with or trying to make this individual see reason. To him, if it's not Canadian it's not good enough. Doesn't matter if you have a better education or more experience... Job should always go to a Canadian. I don't think he understands how the world works.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013

cryptic said:
They're a dime a dozen. In academia a postdoc is just a cheap pair of hands for labor.
I am not a postdoc, but I do believe postdocs are more qualified individuals than many people getting the extra 600 points. If you still cannot see it, Barack Obama only gets his job for two 4-year terms, does it make him a less qualified person than a truck driver with a permanent job?

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sealy said:
I am not a postdoc, but I do believe postdocs are more qualified individuals than many people getting the extra 600 points. If you still cannot see it, Barack Obama only gets his job for two 4-year terms, does it make him a less qualified person than a truck driver with a permanent job?
So, let's send away from Canada a cook, who has been working like a horse for his employer for years and has been paying taxes and spending his paycheck here and bring in post doc instead, who will be totally new to this culture and will start here from the scratch. Post docs are not gonna fill the labor market demand. People with LMIAs and PNPs work hard to be in Canada and they don't deserve to be put down for not having fancy degrees. Many of them have university education but worked their way through different field because they are following the market demand. They still have to pass english tests.

And I'm not trying to say they don't deserve to be successful in EE, but I believe that was not the primary purpose - at least not now, when many people in Canada stuck on work permits were deemed to leave after all the other programs were practically closed. They will logically be the firs ones and qualified workers from outside with outstanding education and language skills will go later. After all, those outside Canada are not pushed by WP expiry dates.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015

cryptic said:
So what if you have "better" education or more experience? Then if a Canadian doesn't have the experience, they should be given the opportunity in their OWN country to acquire the experience they need to contribute to their society. We were doing fine before mass immigration. If people have better education and more experience and are "Better", then why not stay in your own country and contribute to your own society?
Dear oh dear. I don't know where to begin. You were doing fine before mass immigration? That argument alone is totally wrong. I work in a field where I'm able to see first hand just how many different career fields are actively looking for skilled foreign workers to enter Canada in an attempt to alleviate crippling worker shortages. You mention doctors are a dime a dozen... I've lived in four communities in this country over the past several years and each of those community's hospitals were crying out for more doctors. The community I'm living in today actually has to bid against rival communities for foreign doctors. Many of those working in high-up positions in the energy industry are American, Chinese or Japanese nationals.

You ask us why we don't stay in our own country and contribute to our own society... I don't speak for myself here, but maybe it's because they have been granted the opportunity to further themselves professionally and economically by taking a job in Canada. Maybe their country of origin really isn't that great and they wanted a better life for themselves and their family. Maybe, just maybe, they were perfectly happy in their own country but were promised the world by Canadian institutions if they packed their bags and moved to Canada to study.

This argument you're trying to press home that Canadians should be given every opportunity for every job in the country might work for large urban centres. It might work for some entry-level/moderate skilled worker positions, but what about those jobs where there isn't a Canadian that fits the bill. What about those communities who no matter how hard they try, just can't convince Canadians to move there. Your argument is nonsensical and I think you know that.