+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 yr full time MBA from IIM - which ECA provider to choose?

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
Hello,

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I went through a lot of threads to understand which ECA provider to choose but could't find anyone in my particular situation, so starting a thread now. For my acads, I did my B.Tech and then the 1 yr full time MBA from an IIM. I'm now trying to find out which ECA provider to choose to get my PG evaluated as Master's.

Read about WES giving Master's to PG from IIMs but most of the threads were about 2 yr MBA. Couldn't find any for 1 yr MBA from IIM. WES seems to be the fastest among all others, especially given the COVID situation.

Please suggest which ECA provider, WES / ICES / CES / IQAS, would be better for someone with an 1 yr MBA from IIM to get it evaluated as Master's in Canada.

Thanks
Cheers!

Last edited:

1988achilles

Jul 20, 2020
Hello,

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I went through a lot of threads to understand which ECA provider to choose but could't find anyone in my particular situation, so starting a thread now. For my acads, I did my B.Tech and then the 1 yr full time MBA from an IIM. I'm now trying to find out which ECA provider to choose to get my PG evaluated as Master's.

Read about WES giving Master's to PG from IIMs but most of the threads were about 2 yr MBA. Couldn't find any for 1 yr MBA from IIM. WES seems to be the fastest among all others, especially given the COVID situation.

Please suggest which ECA provider, WES / ICES / CES / IQAS, would be better for someone with an 1 yr MBA from IIM to get it evaluated as Master's in Canada.

Thanks
Cheers!
I am in the same boat as yours. Did 1 year MBA from IIMs. I have decided to proceed with IQAS. I don't have any anecdotal evidence which suggest I will get Master's still went with it

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
I am in the same boat as yours. Did 1 year MBA from IIMs. I have decided to proceed with IQAS. I don't have any anecdotal evidence which suggest I will get Master's still went with it
Hey!
Thanks for your reply. Actually I was thinking of IQAS as well but after reading the suggestive evaluation here, I wasn't sure if IQAS will give Master's. The link mentions that 4 yrs of engineering + 1 yr of MBA will be equivalent to 1yr PG Diploma, so I'm back to considering WES.

Btw, did you use Truecopy to send your transcripts to IQAS? When are you expecting the results?

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone

Bumping it again for visibility.
Has anyone got their 1 yr full-time MBA from IIM evaluated as Masters equivalent from any of the ECA providers? Please suggest which ECA provider would be better to get Master's equivalent.

Thanks in advance!

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone

Bumping it again for visibility.
Has anyone got their 1 yr full-time MBA from IIM evaluated as Masters equivalent from any of the ECA providers? Please suggest which ECA provider would be better to get Master's equivalent.

Thanks in advance!