+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 YEAR WORK PROGRAMME

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
I am coming to canada on a 1 year work programme and wanted to know if I can apply for residency after the year has expired and whether i will get the residency as its only a 1 year work permit.

Also would i need to appy from outside canada for this?

would this be a good option?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you qualify to apply as a skilled worker after the rule changes, you can apply anytime. If you planned to apply some other way, you should try to change your work program to a regular temporary work permit. If you work in a skilled job, you would be able to apply for residency through a provincial nominee program with the help of your employer right away if you are on a regular work permit or work two years and then apply through Canadian experience class. If you are in a low skilled job, you could be doing a handful of jobs in BC or AB to qualify for residency but better if your employer can upgrade you to skilled or if you can find another job that is skilled.

Shion

Oct 12, 2008
Jason,

Me too have a similar offer. We could share what we know.
Please get in touch with me....on shionsmail2@gmail.com

Thanks / Shion

Shion

Oct 12, 2008
I am a male.....Currently living and working in Dubai.
We should have common info to share...

Please mail me so that we could communicate one to one...and if we think something we should share with the others let's post it here....

Cheers / Shion