+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year work experience inside or outside Canada?

graftonxl

Jun 18, 2012
Hello guys,

As a requirement, it's stated in Citizenship Immigration Canada website that an applicant MUST have at least one (1) year of full-time paid work experience within the past ten (10) years in any of the jobs that appears on Canada's General Occupations (Demand) List.
However it's not mentioned if this work experience must be gained in Canada or outside Canada?
I have ten (10) years work experience in education outside Canada and I am not sure if I am iligible to apply under skilled migrant category!!!!!

Please can anyone advice?
Thank lots in advance

mwano

Mar 7, 2012
hello,i think you qualify to apply if you doubt is better to ask cic or do assessment online may be they will help you...am very sorry i do know real about this.

thrakos

May 15, 2012
what is the stream you are applying under?

Work experience may be a minimum a one year but that may not get you the points you need for a successful application.

graftonxl

Jun 18, 2012
Hi,

Thanks thrakos for your prompt reply.

I am applying under skilled worker Category. I have 10 years experience outside Canada and just wonder if I qualify as not sure if minimum experience MUST be gained in Canada?

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
graftonxl said:
Hi,

Thanks thrakos for your prompt reply.

I am applying under skilled worker Category. I have 10 years experience outside Canada and just wonder if I qualify as not sure if minimum experience MUST be gained in Canada?
No need to worry ,
You experience outside Canada will also be counted if you suffice with reference letter and pay slips, But have to be in the demanded NOC...
Warm regards,

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Unless I have misunderstood your question...I think you are asking if you can apply under the Federal Skilled Worker stream, but you do not have a job offer. Your minimum year of full time paid work can be outside Canada, but it HAS TO BE in one of the NOC 29 occupations in demand. Teaching jobs were not in the list this year and we are presently waiting to see whether the new list on 1 July 2012 will be any different. If you have a full time permanent job offer you would be able to apply, with sufficient points, under FSW2.

graftonxl

Jun 18, 2012
Thanks spartan300 for your response.

Yes Pippin, that's right. I am applying under Federal Skilled Worker Stream. And yes my skilled work is not on the NOC 29 Occupation in demand but it's on the list LEVEL A occupation which is still considered relevant for applications in the Federal Skilled Work List according to Citizenship Immigration Canada. It's stated clearly the following:

"Only experience in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A and B are considered relevant for applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class."

Thanks again mate

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
graftonxl said:
Thanks spartan300 for your response.

Yes Pippin, that's right. I am applying under Federal Skilled Worker Stream. And yes my skilled work is not on the NOC 29 Occupation in demand but it's on the list LEVEL A occupation which is still considered relevant for applications in the Federal Skilled Work List according to Citizenship Immigration Canada. It's stated clearly the following:

"Only experience in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A and B are considered relevant for applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class."

Thanks again mate
agreed with Pippin,
your experience have to be on 29 demanded occupation list, if its not in there then you have to have arrange employment to be eligible...
Warm regards,

graftonxl

Jun 18, 2012
so how do you explain spartan300 CIC stating that occupation on Level A which include my skilled job can apply for PR under FSWC?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
graftonxl said:
so how do you explain spartan300 CIC stating that occupation on Level A which include my skilled job can apply for PR under FSWC?
For you to qualify, you need 1 year of continuous paid work achieved in last 10yrs from the MI. Additional points are granted if the other job experience are from skill level O,A or B.

Suppose you have 1 yr exp in Noc 0631...so you qualify but do not get the max points for J.experience which is 21. Now if you have other experience(s) which fall under the category of skill level O,A or B, then you can claim points for those many yrs (3 yrs max, gained in last 10 yrs....these experiences may or may not be continuous; you can add them up).

Mitali

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
graftonxl said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:
have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
have one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in at least one of the occupations listed here * OR
be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet certain criteria.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
mitali said:
For you to qualify, you need 1 year of continuous paid work achieved in last 10yrs from the MI. Additional points are granted if the other job experience are from skill level O,A or B.

Suppose you have 1 yr exp in Noc 0631...so you qualify but do not get the max points for J.experience which is 21. Now if you have other experience(s) which fall under the category of skill level O,A or B, then you can claim points for those many yrs (3 yrs max, gained in last 10 yrs....these experiences may or may not be continuous; you can add them up).

Mitali
Well explained Mitali...+1 for you :)

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014