+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year work experience for EE as a remote worker

batmat007

Oct 17, 2018
I recently spoke to a consultant and he raised a concern about me working remotely in my company.

I am intermediate-senior in the office (it's 8-9 of us and most people are new). I am the only employees that work remotely a few days a week. The work I do can be done remotely, and I've been doing this for quite a while now, so we have the system set with my boss to check my performance etc. I still work 40 hours and it's shown on my pay-stub that I complete 40 hours a week, which I actually do (except most of the time working from home).

The company that I work for has more than 200 employees and 8-9 of them (including me) are doing special type of work that no one else can do.

The consultant said that BC PNP officer who is investigating my application might call my company and ask about me working there, and maybe dig into details. He said it's very case specific and it all depends. My experience in this field is about 1.5 year. It all started when I was in still in university, and flexible work agreement was made. Also I do get paid a little bit less because of flexibility that I am given.

I want to hear similar stories of people who have been working remotely and used it as a 1 YEAR work experience requirement for BC PNP / Express Entry requirement

Can anyone shed some light on this unusual situation? Thanks

Last edited: