+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 Year Work Experience = 12 Months?

sandwichmaker

May 6, 2020
Hi guys I am just wondering how one year work experience is calculated.

I wanted to apply for the temporary stream for essential workers, which anyone who has 1 year experience in essential area is eligible.

However when I checked my previous experience, there are 6 days that I was unemployed at the moment because of the job interview.

The CIC says it's 12 months w/ at least 30 hrs per week.
I have worked more than 30 hrs every week, and I do have NOA's and T4's.
Am I eligible? Did I work for 12 months?

Or should I just get another reference letter from my previous job which I have been working for a few more weeks right after I got my diploma when I was holding a study permit?

Thank you guys :)

sandwichmaker

May 6, 2020
You had a work permit at that time or submitted an application for work permit?
Yes. I was waiting for the decision of my LMIA-based work permit at that time, and already had a diploma (finished study).
Now I have a work permit but it's totally different NOC code so I am pretty sure my work experience after I got my new work permit won't count.

But I was working as a cashier before I was issued a work permit.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Yes. I was waiting for the decision of my LMIA-based work permit at that time, and already had a diploma (finished study).
Now I have a work permit but it's totally different NOC code so I am pretty sure my work experience after I got my new work permit won't count.

But I was working as a cashier before I was issued a work permit.
I am not familiar with LMIA, you can read this thread and see if your working hours under the application you made are eligible

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/implied-status-while-waiting-for-lmia-decision.392683/

Bulldog90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello all,
Please I have a very confusing case and would appreciate you all advice.
I received an invitation in express entry to apply for PR under Canadian experience class February 13th 2021 draw

- I got hired on the 25th of December 2019
My payday is biweekly, every 2 weeks.

Now here is the confusing part.
-I lost my first stub that came in on October 15 2019.
-My second paystub dated Nov 1st 2019 has 57 hours on it instead of the 60 hours required (30 hours a week, 2 week 60 hours)
The rest of my paystub from November 15 2019 to September 18 2020 all have over 60 hours on them.

-October 2nd 2020 paystub has 55 hours. After October my workload got reduced to part time due to COVID-19.

My Experience letter stated that I was employed from 25th of September to October 2020 and has worked 1,700 hours.

Will my application be rejected because of few hours short?
Should I apply with just experience letter and not upload paystubs?