+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year temporary full time job for express entry

suk003

Mar 21, 2016
Hi Veterans,

Hope you guys can alleviate my confusion about my job experience for Express Entry.

I graduated in December 2015 from Canadian college and started working in January 2016. According to my job letter, i am going to work as a temporary full time for 1 year, though i can increase it afterwards.

But i am confused if i will be eligible to apply for express entry under CEC after 1 year?

+ve points: As per CEC requirements :-
1) This position is full time
2) I am working on PGWP
3)This position is going to be continious.

-ve points:
1)This position specifies temporary full time, rather than Permanent full time.

Please help??

suk003

Mar 21, 2016
Thanks, Goldencan... but what about the "Temporary" thing written in Job letter. Is it going to create any issue?

Do we have to provide job letter during application or any other letter?

shaown20

Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suk003 said:
Thanks, Goldencan... but what about the "Temporary" thing written in Job letter. Is it going to create any issue?

Do we have to provide job letter during application or any other letter?
It should not be an issue. As long as you are full timer thats what is important.

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suk003 said:
Hi Veterans,

Hope you guys can alleviate my confusion about my job experience for Express Entry.

I graduated in December 2015 from Canadian college and started working in January 2016. According to my job letter, i am going to work as a temporary full time for 1 year, though i can increase it afterwards.

But i am confused if i will be eligible to apply for express entry under CEC after 1 year?

2) I am working on PGWP

-ve points:

Please help??
you are qualified with EE system under CEC, however, I think it would be very difficult to reach cut off scores with 1 year temporary full time work experience. permanent full time could benefit you under PNP stream. hope it helps you.

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
suk003 said:
Hi Veterans,

2) I am working on PGWP

-ve points:

Please help??
You would very well be eligible extrapolating your situation as you mentioned.

Bear in mind as long as you are fulfilling requirement of min 365 days and 1560 hours in a job falling under NOC O/A/B, you are eligible for CEC.

suk003

Mar 21, 2016
Thanks Shaown for your reply :)

I work with CIBC, I don`t think such a large organization would require to help me with my PNP :p I have to fulfill my requirements with just job experience. I think.

Tushar1989

Oct 24, 2017
Hey bro,
Hope you doing well. I got same situation like you. In my offer letter they have stated temporary word in my position because I was covering maternity leave. I’ve completed my 1 year with company they have extended my term now.

What’s your status now. Did you get your PR on that letter.

Please help?

spartanking49

Sep 19, 2017
Hey bro,
Hope you doing well. I got same situation like you. In my offer letter they have stated temporary word in my position because I was covering maternity leave. I’ve completed my 1 year with company they have extended my term now.

What’s your status now. Did you get your PR on that letter.

Please help?
Hi Tushar,

I have similar situation as well. I worked full time temp for 10 months and then 1 month gap and again 6 month full time temp contract. Next week it will be 1 year in total so I am also wondering that if I am eligible for PR through CEC class or not. Did you already apply for PR?

Tushar1989

Oct 24, 2017
Hi Tushar,

I have similar situation as well. I worked full time temp for 10 months and then 1 month gap and again 6 month full time temp contract. Next week it will be 1 year in total so I am also wondering that if I am eligible for PR through CEC class or not. Did you already apply for PR?
Hi,
I didn't apply for PR yet. I'm waiting for my WES. In your situation you can apply for PR while they don't care for temporary word in letter because I already talked to the CIC couple times regarding this. They don't even care whether your job is temporary or permanent ad long as you have completed 1 year in that.

jaskaran003

Oct 27, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please confirm if the term 'Temporary Employee' in the job responsibility wont make any effect in the PR process. As I am also on contract and my agency will be mentioning this term in my letter.

A reply on this will be really helpful ..
Thank You !!