+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year student Visa to Work permit to PR

Joseyjimmye

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

I have 7 years of experience in IT now i'm planning to do a post graduate program for 1 year.
1. Can any one help me with my possibility to convert my visa finally to PR?
2. How much time should i leave until i apply for spouse visa? I saw few blogs telling that the spouse visa gets rejected applying the same time as my student visa.

I'm very much confused.
Please do advice.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have 7 years of experience in IT now i'm planning to do a post graduate program for 1 year.
2. How much time should i leave until i apply for spouse visa? I saw few blogs telling that the spouse visa gets rejected applying the same time as my student visa.

I'm very much confused.
Please do advice.
If your goal is PR, you should be taking a 2 year program in order to get a 3 year PGWP.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi,

I'm very much confused.
Please do advice.
Here are few points based on research as I am in a similar situation.
1. Try to apply for Masters instead of diploma programs, As it will increase your chances of Visa approval.
2. Go for atleast 4 term course, which should be 16 months or more.
3. 1 year program will make your eligible for 1 year visa and there could be possibility of loosing 1 or 2 months in job search. Hence it is too risky to claim 1 year work experience points.
4. Do not apply with spouse for Student Visa as VO will most likely reject your application Incase you belong to certain countries.
5. Suggestion is to have your student visa approved, complete 1 term and then apply for SOWP