+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year PGWP

Walexi

Jun 3, 2019
Hello everyone I recently concluded one year studies in Computer systems networking at centennial college after which i was able to secure a job offer at Rogers Communications. While i was very excited on securing this job which happens to fall under the NOC B, I also got an offer of admission for the fall semester at another college. Now I'm left with a decision to make. On one hand I'm excited to learn and develop as an IT professional at rogers but the fact that the offer is conditional pending the three months probation period in which i would be accessed to see if i'm the right fit for the position and my offer could be rescinded any time within those period has made me unsettled. Also, having studied one year i would be granted only 1 year work permit and i know there a a lot of risks associated with securing PR in time within this short timeframe. while most of my friends have advised me that it's a risk worth taking I'm still not sure on taking this step because i feel getting another 1 year degree would be the most secure option for me to get my PR without much stress. Please i really need an honest opinion on what step i could take as time is running out for me to decide to apply for a pgwp or extend my study permit.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone I recently concluded one year studies in Computer systems networking at centennial college after which i was able to secure a job offer at Rogers Communications. While i was very excited on securing this job which happens to fall under the NOC B, I also got an offer of admission for the fall semester at another college. Now I'm left with a decision to make. On one hand I'm excited to learn and develop as an IT professional at rogers but the fact that the offer is conditional pending the three months probation period in which i would be accessed to see if i'm the right fit for the position and my offer could be rescinded any time within those period has made me unsettled. Also, having studied one year i would be granted only 1 year work permit and i know there a a lot of risks associated with securing PR in time within this short timeframe. while most of my friends have advised me that it's a risk worth taking I'm still not sure on taking this step because i feel getting another 1 year degree would be the most secure option for me to get my PR without much stress. Please i really need an honest opinion on what step i could take as time is running out for me to decide to apply for a pgwp or extend my study permit.
Question is how sure they will approve extension of your Study Permit if you choose to take another program? To me this is the risk factor than the time factor

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Question is how sure they will approve extension of your Study Permit if you choose to take another program? To me this is the risk factor than the time factor
1+1 programs are 99.999% successful.

How old are you? If you're still in your 20s I don't see much benefit in trying to save 1 year. Problem with the first option is the uncertainty. What if you get laid off 9 months in? That would be a bad situation for you. I'd go for the safe route and extend your study permit.

Reactions: teacherji

Walexi

Jun 3, 2019
1+1 programs are 99.999% successful.

How old are you? If you're still in your 20s I don't see much benefit in trying to save 1 year. Problem with the first option is the uncertainty. What if you get laid off 9 months in? That would be a bad situation for you. I'd go for the safe route and extend your study permit.
Thanks for your advice. I'm 24 by the way