+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year PG diploma after 6 years of experience

Baindoor

Nov 11, 2016
Hi All,

I have done B.E in computer science and have 6 years of experience in same field. Now planning for 1 year pg diploma in Canada. Many consultancies told me that chances of getting visa is less for pg diploma and asked me to apply MS or pg diploma in Universities instead of colleges.
I am very confused right now whether to apply for pg diploma or not. I am not interested in 2 years study right now. Please suggest, is it good to apply of pg diploma course in colleges as chances of visa getting rejected is high. And I am not finding much courses in PG diploma in universities.

Please help me with your suggestions. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks
Krish

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Baindoor said:
Hi All,

I have done B.E in computer science and have 6 years of experience in same field. Now planning for 1 year pg diploma in Canada. Many consultancies told me that chances of getting visa is less for pg diploma and asked me to apply MS or pg diploma in Universities instead of colleges.
I am very confused right now whether to apply for pg diploma or not. I am not interested in 2 years study right now. Please suggest, is it good to apply of pg diploma course in colleges as chances of visa getting rejected is high. And I am not finding much courses in PG diploma in universities.

Please help me with your suggestions. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks
Krish
Gaps after studies should not be more than 2 years for undergraduate students and not more than 5 years for Graduates. Only those students who have relevant work experience to the program applied will be given priority.
To fill GAP after study application accompanied with an Appointment Letter / Salary slip / Letter from previous Employer indicating start and end date with nature of duties / job. Experience letter must be signed by authority with full name and designation. All matter should be on company letter head with complete address and contact details. In addition you can keep Business Card of signing authority. It is strongly advisable to submit last 2 years IT return and/or Form No.16 and last 6 months Bank salary statement.

Its advisable to get admission in University, as visa acceptance chances are more in that. There are still chances for you to get the visa (though slim but yes, you have got the chance) if you can provide explanation for the gap years (working or doing additional courses), it will benefit your case. At the end it will all come to your SOP, which has to be very strong. In my case also every consultant said that I have very less chances of getting VISA, and even the consultant I applied through, said in the end that they took a risk in filing my application. But, I had written very strong SOP, and I got the VISA in one go.