+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 Year calculation for Spouse's Canadian Work Ex.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
My spouse completes her 1 year on Feb 22, 2017 but was awarded 5 points on Jan 1st for her Canadian Work experience(i am the primary applicant). She will be quitting her job on Jan 27th and I have updated her job details i.e. I have put her job end date as Jan 2017. Waited 24 hours but the points are still what they were before.

My take is that I have not falsified any information. If I get an ITA based on this CRS score, will my application be refused still? On what basis?

She worked a steady 40 hours a week for the duration Feb 22, 2016 - Jan 27th, 2017. It was CIC system which awarded points for 1 year experience.
Request prompt response because I am at 457 and might get an ITA tomorrow. Dont want to be eventually refused because of this discrepancy. :-\

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife will never complete 1 year Canadian exp so only accept ITA if the score is below 452. ie: without her 5 points

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
nikolain said:
Your wife will never complete 1 year Canadian exp so only accept ITA if the score is below 452. ie: without her 5 points
I get your point but am I not interpreting 1 year experience in a different way than how CIC does. My information is accurate in system and I am still getting 5 points. Because I haven't falsified any information, on what grounds should i reject the ITA?

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
The express entry system only registers months and not exact dates.

Many others on the forum have also rejected ITAs because the system had awarded the points they werent entitled to. It is a common issue based on the fact that the system is not as accurate as it should be. That doesnt change the fact that it is always the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that their points were awarded correctly.

You will not be able to prove the full year when you submit your docs so the fact that the system awards them anyway does not count. Only the points backed up by your submitted docs after ITA count.

You will be able to find many similar cases on the forum if you search.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Googliya said:
I get your point but am I not interpreting 1 year experience in a different way than how CIC does. My information is accurate in system and I am still getting 5 points. Because I haven't falsified any information, on what grounds should i reject the ITA?
On the grounds that she hasn't nor will she ever complete her year of work experience (if she's indeed quitting)

You are free to accept the ITA but prepare a rejection coming your way if without those 5 points you're below the cutoff score of that draw.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Andre_Smol said:
The express entry system only registers months and not exact dates.

Many others on the forum have also rejected ITAs because the system had awarded the points they weren't entitled to. It is a common issue based on the fact that the system is not as accurate as it should be. That doesn't change the fact that it is always the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that their points were awarded correctly.

You will not be able to prove the full year when you submit your docs so the fact that the system awards them anyway does not count. Only the points backed up by your submitted docs after ITA count.

You will be able to find many similar cases on the forum if you search.
Thanks so much for your detailed point. What you said makes sense. But again, in my application, I haven't claimed anywhere that she has 1 years of experience. May be not capturing the date is a bug or a technical limitation or a intended exclusion. But why should I be penalized when I haven't made any mistake.
Are there any cases that you know/heard of when the applicant actually accepted the invite but was later rejected by CIC?
If I accept the invite and provide all documents in accordance to the data i filled in EE profile, how will it harm my case if at the max my application will be refused?

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Googliya said:
Thanks so much for your detailed point. What you said makes sense. But again, in my application, I haven't claimed anywhere that she has 1 years of experience. May be not capturing the date is a bug or a technical limitation or a intended exclusion. But why should I be penalized when I haven't made any mistake.
Are there any cases that you know/heard of when the applicant actually accepted the invite but was later rejected by CIC?
If I accept the invite and provide all documents in accordance to the data i filled in EE profile, how will it harm my case if at the max my application will be refused?
I have a simple question, will you like the chance to be excluded from the Express Entry system for 5 years for misrepresenting your application ?

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
On the grounds that she hasn't nor will she ever complete her year of work experience (if she's indeed quitting)

You are free to accept the ITA but prepare a rejection coming your way if without those 5 points you're below the cutoff score of that draw.
She is actually travelling to India for her sister's marriage. We were not expecting the scores to come down to 457 so soon. The 52nd draw surprised us. Because her's was a planned and long vacation and she is a temp, her employer asked her to quit and join back in March if there's a position.

Your reply makes me think that I should indeed reject the ITA and get back in pool in anticipation of 452 :'(

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
nikolain said:
I have a simple question, will you like the chance to be excluded from the Express Entry system for 5 years for misrepresenting your application ?
My simple answer :-X This is the same reason why I have posted this question here to ensure I make an informed and correct decision.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nikolain said:
There is no need to "fearmonger" about misrepresentation for this issue. The OP has not misrepresented anything.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Googliya said:
May be not capturing the date is a bug or a technical limitation or a intended exclusion. But why should I be penalized when I haven't made any mistake.
You won't be "penalized" but you won't keep that 5 points, either. As Del Piero said, if you get the ITA, you need to pay attention to the cutoff score for your draw, and make sure you are still above that score after deducting 5 points. If you fall below that score, you should decline the ITA and wait for the next draw.

Indeed it is a system issue, whether intentional or not (it causes a lot of people to apply too soon,and IRCC keeps the application fee when they are refused).

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
jes_ON said:
You won't be "penalized" but you won't keep that 5 points, either. As Del Piero said, if you get the ITA, you need to pay attention to the cutoff score for your draw, and make sure you are still above that score after deducting 5 points. If you fall below that score, you should decline the ITA and wait for the next draw.

Indeed it is a system issue, whether intentional or not (it causes a lot of people to apply too soon,and IRCC keeps the application fee when they are refused).
Thanks a bunch dear friend. You and others who have taken the pain of chiming in, i can't be indebted enough. It makes a lot of sense to wait for 452 which hopefully, should not be too far. I just need to be patient and not lose hope :-[

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Ok, so my wife decided to cancel her vacation and continue with her job i.e. she will continue with her job and complete 1 year on Feb 22nd. I am at 457 (including 5 points for my wife's 1 year of canadian work-ex). Assuming that we get ITA tomorrow, should I still decline the ITA?

I know folks have advised to decline but this situation is absurd :'(

Almost everybody who is under canadian experience class would have this dilemma. CIC awards points a month prior and expects folks to keep rejecting points until they complete 1 year??? Please can someone point me to some discussion on this forum wherein the application was rejected just because someone was just few days from completing 1 or 2 years of canadian work-ex (even though they were still working)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this case you can continue your application but do not submit your eAPR until after she has actually completed a year of work experience.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
In this case you can continue your application but do not submit your eAPR until after she has actually completed a year of work experience.
Thanks. I did get my ITA yesterday at 457. My wife completes her 1 year on Feb 22nd which is roughly 4 weeks away.

Can I accept yesterday's ITA now and submit my application (eAPR) llater i.e. after Feb 22nd? Please advise.