+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year ban. Help

Saph12

Apr 8, 2019
Hello all.
Hoping I can explain this well enough and get some answers :(
Over a year ago i came to canada with my children, my ex husband didnt like it and took me to court in canada. Whilst the process was happening the canadian civil court took my passport (i could not leave the country nor could i apply for any type of visa extension) as a result I over stayed. Immigration asked me to come in and I explained everything to them and gave them proof, they still gave me 1 year exclusion order :( this runs out august 1st. .... so this is my problem. My fiance is in canada as a pr. He spent the last 6 months with me in england but has now had to return to canada, I'm due to give birth in 4 weeks (he wont be able to return because his visit visa was refused) and obviously I'd like to go to Canada so he can meet his daughter as soon as possible after she is born... is there anyway I can do this?
Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello all.
Hoping I can explain this well enough and get some answers :(
Over a year ago i came to canada with my children, my ex husband didnt like it and took me to court in canada. Whilst the process was happening the canadian civil court took my passport (i could not leave the country nor could i apply for any type of visa extension) as a result I over stayed. Immigration asked me to come in and I explained everything to them and gave them proof, they still gave me 1 year exclusion order :( this runs out august 1st. .... so this is my problem. My fiance is in canada as a pr. He spent the last 6 months with me in england but has now had to return to canada, I'm due to give birth in 4 weeks (he wont be able to return because his visit visa was refused) and obviously I'd like to go to Canada so he can meet his daughter as soon as possible after she is born... is there anyway I can do this?
Thank you.

1. Not before August 1st.

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
I sent application since dec 6,2018 but they were doing back and forth so finally they received on 11 feb, 2019

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I sent application since dec 6,2018 but they were doing back and forth so finally they received on 11 feb, 2019
ARCs are pretty useless when it comes to 1 year exclusion orders. You are better off just waiting until the exclusion order ends. If you have a 1 year exclusion order, you can expect that IRCC will take as much time to process the ARC as it will for the exclusion order to expire.

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
ARCs are pretty useless when it comes to 1 year exclusion orders. You are better off just waiting until the exclusion order ends. If you have a 1 year exclusion order, you can expect that IRCC will take as much time to process the ARC as it will for the exclusion order to expire.
Lets see. Just waiting is also hard. I mean i spend money on ARC so i am hoping to get a positive response on it soon. Fingers crossed

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
In some threads people have wriiten that their ARC was approved in 2or 3 months . So Its better to apply for ARC . Who knows may be the decision will be made soon

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In some threads people have wriiten that their ARC was approved in 2or 3 months . So Its better to apply for ARC . Who knows may be the decision will be made soon
Generally not for Exclusion Orders.

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Just to let you know, my ARC got approved and now i am in canada. So guys do ur effort. Because GOD is watching everything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So to let u know, my ARC got approved and now i am in canada. So its better i made efforts and now result is in my favour
Did your PR get approved? Should have been denied if you applied inland. Maybe you reapplied as Outland.

Hope others can learn from your story. Don’t work without a work permit.