+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1.Visit - tourism or 2.Visit - all other types (accompany Fam member)

mgmmaples

Jan 5, 2020
Hello everyone

I'm trying to complete online application for my mother as principal applicant for TRV. I am also applying for my younger brother as her accompanying family member.

When answering the question:

Why is your family member visiting Canada?
the answers:
1.Visit - tourism,
2.Visit - all other types
3.Less than 6 month studies
4. Study more than 6 months
5. Work in a work permit exempted category
6. Work (Labour Market Impact Assessment Required)
7. Work with an open work permit
8. Transit

What will be the answer if my brother and my mother are coming to visit family member (me) as well as visit other places too?

Please advise.
thank you.

ALNahiyan

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Quick Q'n.

Applying for renewal visa of my mom as her passport recently expired. She is primary applicant and my wife is 2ndry. My sister stays in Canada and is a PR there. Now I don't know in my wife's case it's asking for this Q'n (Why is your family member visiting Canada?) and should i choose visit tourism (considering the current scenario) or visit - all other types. Pls help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quick Q'n.

Applying for renewal visa of my mom as her passport recently expired. She is primary applicant and my wife is 2ndry. My sister stays in Canada and is a PR there. Now I don't know in my wife's case it's asking for this Q'n (Why is your family member visiting Canada?) and should i choose visit tourism (considering the current scenario) or visit - all other types. Pls help.
Your wife and mother must apply for a separate applications. Are you aware that your wife currently doesn't qualify to travel to Canada unless you are a Canadian citizen or PR. Only siblings are able to travel and she is a sister-in-law.

Vankhate

Mar 17, 2023
Hi! I'm trying to complete our application. SP, OWP and SP Minors. What should I choose here?

Why is your family member visiting Canada?
1.Visit - tourism,
2.Visit - all other types
3.Less than 6 month studies
4. Study more than 6 months
5. Work in a work permit exempted category
6. Work (Labour Market Impact Assessment Required)
7. Work with an open work permit
8. Transit