+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 Polytechnic Diploma And a Bachelor's Degree WES Evaluation

Er.Bashran

Jul 19, 2020
I am also at same point I have done 10th in 2008 then completes 3 years diploma in 2011 after that I have completes my engineering in 2014. Both took me 3- 3 years. What will be the ECA process?

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello,
I think you will get points for 2 or more degree.
You should get your evaluation for the diploma as well as for the degree.
If you have done your Diploma and Degree from different universities then those universities need to send your transcripts to WES. You can open WES account and give the same reference number to both universities.

Reactions: Er.Bashran

Er.Bashran

Jul 19, 2020
Hello,
I think you will get points for 2 or more degree.
You should get your evaluation for the diploma as well as for the degree.
If you have done your Diploma and Degree from different universities then those universities need to send your transcripts to WES. You can open WES account and give the same reference number to both universities.
Thanks a lot for you valuable feedback. Actually if it's not considered as two or more digress then my CRS will be very low around 432 which means my dream for Canada will be end. I hope they consider are two or more. What should I do before ECA to make sure it will be considered.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Thanks a lot for you valuable feedback. Actually if it's not considered as two or more digress then my CRS will be very low around 432 which means my dream for Canada will be end. I hope they consider are two or more. What should I do before ECA to make sure it will be considered.
I believe it would be considered. try to find out more info. about it in this group. I know one person who did 10th + diploma + degree and he got points for two or more degree.
You can share your email, I will send u a document in which I have collected some info regarding 2 or more degree after diploma.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Dear,

This is some info I collected from online sites.

I have done a 3 year polytechnic diploma after 10th and then a Bachelor's Degree (3 years)
my WES Evaluation is
Diploma --> Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
B.Tech --> Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Could anyone Please Tell Me If I can claim points Under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" Option ?

rv85 said:

I am exactly in same situation.
1) Did you get points for 2 degree or diploma?
2) how this information should be entered in Express entry profile under Education history. considering ECA says Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) + Bachelor's degree (four years). Should mentioned both of them 3-3 years in profile.

I got points for 2 or more...
And while creating profile you just have to select credentials from a drop down list.
Add the credentials mentioned on your ECA report

Yesterday at 10:26 PM

harjitdhir said:

I got points for 2 or more...
And while creating profile you just have to select credentials from a drop down list.
Add the credentials mentioned on your ECA report

Thanak for your reason! Appreciate it!!
In drop down there is no such option “Second school diploma and diploma 2 year).

1) should i use same for both “Bachelor or diploma from university”?
2) should I mention both 3 - 3 year? or should use 2 year for diploma and 4 years for degree per ECA?

Thanks in advance!!

rv85 said:

Thanak for your reason! Appreciate it!!
In drop down there is no such option “Second school diploma and diploma 2 year).

1) should i use same for both “Bachelor or diploma from university”?
2) should I mention both 3 - 3 year? or should use 2 year for diploma and 4 years for degree per ECA?

Thanks in advance!!

1)You only need to enter diploma and bachelor's degree.
2) That I don't know, I had mine apllied through an agent so I'm not sure what years he entered.

Wes diploma evaluation

My Wes report is as below

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communications Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2007
Awarded by: Anna University
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Hi,

i have done 10th then 12th and then diploma and then engineering. For both diploma and engineering, it was lateral entry for me. WES sent me report as Bachelors degree four year in summary and canadian equivalency for diploma as secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years. After that i made a request to them to update summary with both qualifications. So they updated it in two days as Diploma 2 years and Bachelors Degree four years. So now i am able to select two or more options without any hesitation.

One of my friends did 3 years of diploma after 10th and completed in B.tech for 3 years. After diploma, He joined in the lateral entry in the second year directly. He got wes report summary as "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)". When He applied for the express entry. when He selected 2 or more degrees. It takes bachelor's only. it is not taking the diploma. I have a doubt that We both did diploma in the same college. My friend did the diploma and B.Tech after 10th. I did the diploma and B.Tech After 10th, 12th. Will I get the score for My diploma and B.tech in the express entry? When I apply for the express entry. Please reply me.

My Wes report is as below

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communications Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2007
Awarded by: Anna University
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

You can only show one ECA report, so this time include all your transcripts in respective sealed envelope from Graduation onwards. Send them all together to WES.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-diplomas-or-degrees-for-diploma-b-tech.278232/#post-4686509

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/upgrade-wes-report.537488/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-for-diploma-engineering-graduates.391526/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-equivalent-for-indian-diploma-3-years.516517/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/

Er.Bashran

Jul 19, 2020
I believe it would be considered. try to find out more info. about it in this group. I know one person who did 10th + diploma + degree and he got points for two or more degree.
You can share your email, I will send u a document in which I have collected some info regarding 2 or more degree after diploma.
Yes sure.
Er.Bashran@Gmail.com that's my email address.
I am looking forward for your email.
Thank alot.

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
I have done a 3 year polytechnic diploma after 10th and then a Bachelor's Degree (3 years)
my WES Evaluation is
Diploma --> Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Could anyone Please Tell Me If I can claim points Under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" Option ?

Last edited:

Pooja Kadam

Dec 1, 2023
my WES Evaluation is

Hello,

I am really in need of some help here. I am trying to get WES done for my husband. He has done Diploma in computers from Maharashtra State Board and then Degree from Mumbai University. For WES evaluation he only verified with Mumbai university and now there is query form WES that sem I & II marksheet is missing. I would like to know how did you do? did you also take transcripts for diploma and how did you do that?

Thank you.
Pooja