+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 month federal pnp PR got a job offer in quebec, should I move ?

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Hi guys
am a provincial nominee , landed in Toronto a month ago ,
since am here, I sent lots and lots of job requests , then I got lucky with a Job in Quebec, made the Interviews and then got approved for the job.
do you guys think it would be legal (as PV2 pnp PR) to accept the offer and move to Quebec ?

CIC states : in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6
I am a new permanent resident in Canada. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.

am really worried if this choice would affect my PR , or later on My citizenship request.

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Contact provincial PNP office and explain your case with proofs that you attempted to search job but didnt get any. Only move after keeping them informed rather than they finding out that you have moved.

Mumbai5

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Contact provincial PNP office and explain your case with proofs that you attempted to search job but didnt get any. Only move after keeping them informed rather than they finding out that you have moved.

Mumbami5
thanks for the reply
but before I call Ontario Immigration , do you think it's OK to do so ? I know that a month is not that much , but I didn't rent a house , I stayed for 3 weeks in a not confy airbnb , spending my money ; but now I have a good opportunity so I will use my funds to establish , buy a car and really start living as a PR.