+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 day gap due to in-transit, how to mention?

enjoy2020

Sep 27, 2020
I left Canada on July 23 and reached my home country on July 25. While filling this in the address history section in the online form, it complains about the gap of 1 day. How should I mention this?
Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I left Canada on July 23 and reached my home country on July 25. While filling this in the address history section in the online form, it complains about the gap of 1 day. How should I mention this?
Thanks!
For short trips/vacations abroad, you can simply mention the Canadian residential address. You don't have to enter the address of your home country.

Instead of opening a new thread for each question, it would be better if you post your questions in the master thread for citizenship applications.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-canadian-citizenship-a-comprehensive-guide.687393/

Reactions: enjoy2020

enjoy2020

Sep 27, 2020
For short trips/vacations abroad, you can simply mention the Canadian residential address. You don't have to enter the address of your home country.

Instead of opening a new thread for each question, it would be better if you post your questions in the master thread for citizenship applications.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-canadian-citizenship-a-comprehensive-guide.687393/
That makes sense, I didn't realize this! Much thanks @rajkamalmohanram for your responses. Sure, I'll add my new questions in the master thread.

enjoy2020

Sep 27, 2020
That makes sense, I didn't realize this! Much thanks @rajkamalmohanram for your responses. Sure, I'll add my new questions in the master thread.
@rajkamalmohanram I have a few questions regarding this.
1. I mentioned that home country address for that trip in my PR application. Won't it be a contradiction if I don't mention it in my address history now?
2. Do you suggest mentioning this in the letter of explanation?
3. Do I mention this as an activity in the activity history section or not?

Thanks!

Reactions: EunpaKim

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram I have a few questions regarding this.
1. I mentioned that home country address for that trip in my PR application. Won't it be a contradiction if I don't mention it in my address history now?
2. Do you suggest mentioning this in the letter of explanation?
3. Do I mention this as an activity in the activity history section or not?

Thanks!
Well, my previous response was based on the information you provided. I can't provide a different answer if you don't give me more information.

Having said that...

1. It is best if the information in your PR application matches the information on your citizenship application as long as that information is correct. If you made a mistake on your PR application, you can correct it here.

2. Again, I need a detailed scenario without which I can't provide a different answer from my previous post.

3. You should. Depending on what your primary activity was. For example, if you were still employed, you can write Employed.

Reactions: bellaluna

enjoy2020

Sep 27, 2020
Well, my previous response was based on the information you provided. I can't provide a different answer if you don't give me more information.

Having said that...

1. It is best if the information in your PR application matches the information on your citizenship application as long as that information is correct. If you made a mistake on your PR application, you can correct it here.

2. Again, I need a detailed scenario without which I can't provide a different answer from my previous post.

3. You should. Depending on what your primary activity was. For example, if you were still employed, you can write Employed.
Thanks for your response @rajkamalmohanram. I went for 20 days to my home country. Does this count as short trip and should I not put my home country address for this time?