+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【urgent please help】US citizen enter Canada via land border multiple times recently, how long can she stay?

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
I sponsored my 1 year old daughter's PR application and it was approved like two weeks ago and I registered her information in the PR portal and was waiting for the eCOPR. Today I got an email saying below:

Hello,

This refers to your application for permanent residence, which was recently approved.
It appears that some family members on this application are inadmissible due to overstay/non-compliance of temporary resident conditions. By regulations, we cannot land or confirm PR status of an applicant if they are currently out-of-status inside Canada.
In order for us to continue with the landing process, we require additional information from you......

I am so so confused because my 1 year old daughter is the only applicant on that application. She is a US citizen (so doesn't need a visa to enter Canada) and her last entry time was on October 17 2021 through land border. And since there was no stamp on her passport, I assume that she can stay for 6 months? Some additional background fact is: her first entry to Canada was on May 15 2021, she stayed until October 15, 2021 and then came back again on October 17, 2021. On her US passport, only the first entry (on May 15, 2021) was stamped and that time 6 month stay was granted. But I assumed on October 17 when she entered again, she got another 6 month?

Could anyone please give me some hints how come the officer think she's out of status in Canada? Any input is appreciated! Thank you!!