+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2022*

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Yes, there is an application number starting with F!!!! OMG!!! So that is the AOR?!?!?!?! Makes total sense when I think about it!!! We will apply for the sponsored OWP ASAP!!!
Hi @JOW @karanvir jassal,
I wanted to know if the email stating "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)" is indeed the AOR? There is no attachment with this email.
Have you applied for OWP with this email as the AOR?
Did they consider this email as AOR-equivalent?

I am beginning to think that this email might be the AOR since my wife's inland online app has made some progress already with a few steps that normally comes after AOR. However, we are still doubtful if this email is indeed the AOR.

We would like to apply for OWP as well if that's the case. Please let me know. Thanks.

Timelines below -
Dec 22, 2021 - App sent
Mar 25, 2021 - Temp AOR email (App # starting with XF)
May 31, 2022 - Email stating "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/12/22 on behalf of the following member(s). (App # starting with F)
May 31, 2022 - Medical Examination Instruction
Jun 3, 2022 - Medical Exam Given
Jun 16, 2022 - Medical Passed
July 2, 2022 - Pre-arrival Letter

karanvir jassal

May 18, 2018
Hi @JOW @karanvir jassal,
I wanted to know if the email stating "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)" is indeed the AOR? There is no attachment with this email.
Have you applied for OWP with this email as the AOR?
Did they consider this email as AOR-equivalent?

I am beginning to think that this email might be the AOR since my wife's inland online app has made some progress already with a few steps that normally comes after AOR. However, we are still doubtful if this email is indeed the AOR.

We would like to apply for OWP as well if that's the case. Please let me know. Thanks.

Timelines below -
Dec 22, 2021 - App sent
Mar 25, 2021 - Temp AOR email (App # starting with XF)
May 31, 2022 - Email stating "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/12/22 on behalf of the following member(s). (App # starting with F)
May 31, 2022 - Medical Examination Instruction
Jun 3, 2022 - Medical Exam Given
Jun 16, 2022 - Medical Passed
July 2, 2022 - Pre-arrival Letter
Yes that email is the AOR. You can use it to apply for work permit. Rest pre-arrival means that your eligibility has passed. And background check and security is left now

Sam421

Jul 25, 2019
So much misinformation regarding WP in this thread, you can apply for WP as soon as you recieve PR application fee receipt. I applied for WP 5 minutes after I applied for my PR and received my WP for 2 years within 100 days, before AOR.

Also poster who said no need to apply for WP as it takes a longgg time and sometimes as much as PR itself, well good luck with employment opportunities. Some employers explicitly ask when is your status expiring plus you need a valid SP/WP for medical benefits at least in BC. They temporarily extend it for few months when you are on implied/processing status but never take a risk on this.

raekile

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all, does any one know how long does it takes for criminality check?
Everything is determined by how complicated and sensitive your background is. My case only took 4 weeks. Some people, however, would have to wait a half-year or longer. I suppose there is no such thing as standard time--the simpler, the faster.

Reactions: YVR123

pritpalkaur95

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hi
I have submitted inland online application for my spouse.
Application submitted March 11, 2022
Nothing received yet.
Anyone who is in the same position as I am?

zlzl2021

Mar 28, 2021
I submitted my documents in the middle of May and there is no news so far.
It seems to me we can only wait and nothing can be done.

But it seems to me quite lots of people got the case processed so quickly.

Hi
Nothing received yet.

BranYHLee

Jun 21, 2022
Hi
Nothing received yet.
My application was received at April 27th 2022 and I got AOR, AOR2, Medical, Bio, SA and Pre-arrival. Also mine is inland.

Reactions: Kiikii

Nenu1906

Feb 22, 2021
Hi
Nothing received yet.

Inland Online Application -
Received 23rd march 2022
Temporary number received - 3 May 2022
there after nothing .. still waiting..

Fiasco

Jul 12, 2022
Hi all
My application is inland paper based and this is my time line
Application send: April 15th 2022
Application received: April 21th 2022
Same day my spouse got an email which says: This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/04/21 on behalf of the following member: I thing this is AOR I'm not sure tho:
Medical request: June 16th 2022
Medical exam passed: June 28th 2022
And this is what shows me on my online account:
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibilityYour application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical resultsJune 28, 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documentsWe do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - InterviewYou do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - BiometricsWe do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background checkHelp - Background checkWe are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decisionHelp - Final decisionYour application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Does anyone know if I im in a good shape? Because they still have to finish eligibility and background check how much time this takes? Thank you

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
So much misinformation regarding WP in this thread, you can apply for WP as soon as you recieve PR application fee receipt. I applied for WP 5 minutes after I applied for my PR and received my WP for 2 years within 100 days, before AOR.

Also poster who said no need to apply for WP as it takes a longgg time and sometimes as much as PR itself, well good luck with employment opportunities. Some employers explicitly ask when is your status expiring plus you need a valid SP/WP for medical benefits at least in BC. They temporarily extend it for few months when you are on implied/processing status but never take a risk on this.
Hi,
What you are saying is that you applied for your open work permit under spousal category just after the submission of your online PR sponsorship application?

But IRCC mentions that you need to have AOR and they will process the OWP application once the sponsorship application has been approved in principle.

What else did they ask you during the OWP processing?

If I am getting it correctly, then I can also attach the payment receipt for my spousal sponsorship application and basically start the OWP process. Right? Please reply urgently.

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
Does anyone know if we can apply for open work permit if PA has completed 6 months in Canada and applied for visitor record (extension)?

Here's our timeline (Online Inland application):
Application submitted - Mar 02, 2022
Temp AOR - May 06, 2022
AOR, Medical Request - June 09, 2022
Medical Passed - June 19, 2022
No update since then.

Now we are looking to apply for OWP but the PA visitor visa 6 months validity expired and already applied for Visitor record (extension). Not sure if we need to wait until we get approval for extension or restore status?

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021

Hi! Did you aply for the sponsorship, inland? online?

I would like to ask how you applied for OWP.

Thank you!