+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“Two or more degrees certificates/diplomas” crs points

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
hello, i have a three year degree course but i want to boost my crs and get into the above education category.
When they say certificate or diploma.....what are the requirements? Does it need to be a specific level or length of time? Many online courses say they’re diplomas in title but may be consider too low? How do i know which course will meet the requirements of another certificate or diploma?

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
It needs to be evaluated. You can try playing around with this -> https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Put in a few courses you may be considering and see what it says.
Thanks, i tried that but its too basic. However i did an AVCE qualification when i was 18, a two year level 3 qualification, it was ceased in 2006 so little information on it, but old posts in 2015 state people got it assessed as a two year diploma, so with a bit of luck i can chose the two or more degrees /diplomas option.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, it all depends on what WES says. You should get that evaluated.

You can't claim anything without the ECA report.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Yes, it all depends on what WES says. You should get that evaluated.

You can't claim anything without the ECA report.
Just did it now, someone confirmed CES declared it a two year diploma too, can i still use them for my express entry or does it need to be WES? Surely they wouldn’t change the criteria and downgrade it, no one has got a recent assessment online for the AVCE.
If it comes back as a diploma ill literally cry...its the difference between going and not going to canada at all. Also its valued as being worth 2 A levels so hopefully that adds weight to it being a diploma i.e post secondary.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Just did it now, someone confirmed CES declared it a two year diploma too, can i still use them for my express entry or does it need to be WES? Surely they wouldn’t change the criteria and downgrade it, no one has got a recent assessment online for the AVCE.
If it comes back as a diploma ill literally cry...its the difference between going and not going to canada at all. Also its valued as being worth 2 A levels so hopefully that adds weight to it being a diploma i.e post secondary.
You can use any of the agencies that are recognized, doesn't have to be WES. You can use CES.

No reason why they would suddenly downgrade it, but you'll only know when you get the report.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
You can use any of the agencies that are recognized, doesn't have to be WES. You can use CES.

No reason why they would suddenly downgrade it, but you'll only know when you get the report.
Thank you for your assistance.

Well it seems equal and equivalent to a BTEC qualification but one guy got assessed as only high school but then CES said diploma. Surely if they got the avce with wes it will be fine but if not ill try CES too.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019

Apologies to bump but you may know the answer.
My degree assessed by wes has my full legal name of john adam surname.
My old diploma uses adam john surname
The reason is i have always used adam as my first name but legally it isn't so the test centre got it wrong.
Do you think WES would have an issue with this given i believe they have a copy of my passport when you do an assessment?