+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“Non accompanying family members" in Form IMM1344A for family class immigration

klargenf

Jul 8, 2012
Hello, everyone

I am sponsoring my mother and my brother (he’s 18 years old right now). I had sent in my application to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga in February 2011 and I’ve got their receipt.

Now I have a question about the form “Application to Sponsor and Undertaking” (IMM 1344 A). In Section C, Part 4, "Non-Accompanying Family Members", I found I forgot to put down my father’s name and information, since I didn’t notice about this when I was filling out the application form and I thought that whole page is all about dependent children only. So I left that part blank while I chose “Married” for my mother’s marital status.

I guess the immigration officer will probably ask, “where is your father since your mother is still married?” when he starts processing my case. But indeed there’s nothing about my father on that application form because of my mistake, and I had already sent in my application.

But I mean, I am sponsoring my mother and brother to Canada only. My father has lots of money in China and I don’t need to support him. And he’s not coming to Canada for now anyways. Does it really make any difference to put down the information about him as a non-accompanying spouse of my mother?

Now I am really concerned because the immigration officer might think I am giving incomplete information and reject my sponsorship application. Do you think this will happen? What can I do as remedial action?

Thanks in advance for the reply

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You absolutely MUST correct the form by sending updated versions of your application forms, listing your father wherever he should have been in the first place. Understand that if you do not correct the information, two things can happen:

1) Your mother and brother could be found guilty of trying to misrepresent information on an application and be banned for 2 years from making any kind of application.

2. If no-one notices, and you don't correct it, your father can never be sponsored to Canada by anyone, including your mother, as a member of the family class. Ever. Furthermore, your mother and brother could be found guilty of misrepresentation and lose their PR status.

klargenf

Jul 8, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
You absolutely MUST correct the form by sending updated versions of your application forms, listing your father wherever he should have been in the first place. Understand that if you do not correct the information, two things can happen:

1) Your mother and brother could be found guilty of trying to misrepresent information on an application and be banned for 2 years from making any kind of application.

2. If no-one notices, and you don't correct it, your father can never be sponsored to Canada by anyone, including your mother, as a member of the family class. Ever. Furthermore, your mother and brother could be found guilty of misrepresentation and lose their PR status.
Thanks, CharlieD10.

By the way, is it OK to send in updated versions of my application forms to Mississauga while the processing of my case is not started yet? Will they accept my apology and replace the old forms with the new ones for me? Will they just reject my application and tell me to apply again?

The CIC had stopped receiving new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents for 2 years. I really don't want to withdraw my application and line up again after 2 long years or even more. :'(

Thanks in advance for any comments.