+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“COVID-19 PHAC” as the subject line

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. How would i know if he needs his own authorization? Thanks

I keep forgetting that you aren't a citizen or PR so your nephew doesn't meet the criteria to apply for special travel authorization or PHAC. On the PHAC does it also specify that you need to apply for a TRV. Can be asked in the PHAC letter. Has your mother been asked to do biometrics? Does your mother have someone to leave your nephew with if she goes to Canada?

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
I keep forgetting that you aren't a citizen or PR so your nephew doesn't meet the criteria to apply for special travel authorization or PHAC. On the PHAC does it also specify that you need to apply for a TRV. Can be asked in the PHAC letter. Has your mother been asked to do biometrics? Does your mother have someone to leave your nephew with if she goes to Canada?
My mother has been approved for PHAC. She doesn't need biometrics as she is British and only needs an ETA (which she has from previous travel). Unfortunately, she is his legal guardian and has noone else. I emailed PHAC and they said that each dependent (even children) will need their own application and authorization (no idea how they expect a 3year old to make his own application). I have put one across and attached my mum's approval from PHAC so fingers crossed.

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
Another one from me, they also approved my husband's PHAC for a period of 1 month only. However, my husband has a SOWP application open from March 2020 and I have my PR (CEC Inland) open since June 2020 with my husband as a dependent. My husband needs a visa. Would you suggest we contact IRCC with PHAC attached on the PR application or the SOWP

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Another one from me, they also approved my husband's PHAC for a period of 1 month only. However, my husband has a SOWP application open from March 2020 and I have my PR (CEC Inland) open since June 2020 with my husband as a dependent. My husband needs a visa. Would you suggest we contact IRCC with PHAC attached on the PR application or the SOWP

Thanks!
PHAC isn’t related to PR application or SOWP. He can update his address for a month and attempt to extend if he is able to travel. He still needs a visa unless otherwise specified in the PHAC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother has been approved for PHAC. She doesn't need biometrics as she is British and only needs an ETA (which she has from previous travel). Unfortunately, she is his legal guardian and has noone else. I emailed PHAC and they said that each dependent (even children) will need their own application and authorization (no idea how they expect a 3year old to make his own application). I have put one across and attached my mum's approval from PHAC so fingers crossed.
Having a child apply doesn’t mean they are expected to fill out their own application. An adult will have to apply on their behalf. Given that only certain people qualify for entry given the travel restrictions it makes sense that every person needs to get their own approval.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Of course, the adult fills out the form on behalf of the child. The issue is that your mother may be the legal guardian, but under current guidelines he is not your extended family and authorized to travel. You may be successful he is your sibling but he is your nephew.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Of course, the adult fills out the form on behalf of the child. The issue is that your mother may be the legal guardian, but under current guidelines he is not your extended family and authorized to travel. You may be successful he is your nephew not your sibling.
She isn’t a PR or citizen

Loveeee

Jun 17, 2020
hello Friends
yesterday I got PHAC approval with one month validity. I also mentioned in PHAC form that I need visa because. I have submitted my visa application. Kindly tell me what to do next, currently my visa file is in process.

roshanzameer

Feb 22, 2021
Hello All, My parents got my PHAC approval letters yesterday and while submitting the PHAC form I also mentioned that they need visa and submitted visa application and provided the UCI too. They also gave biometrics few days ago.

Could you please help me with the next steps.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All, My parents got my PHAC approval letters yesterday and while submitting the PHAC form I also mentioned that they need visa and submitted visa application and provided the UCI too. They also gave biometrics few days ago.

Could you please help me with the next steps.

Thank you
They need to apply for a visitor visa and attach the PHAC letters.

roshanzameer

Feb 22, 2021
Hi @Naturgrl Thank you very much for the quick response. I have already applied for visitor visa and later I applied for PHAC. In such cases, what can I do now? Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl Thank you very much for the quick response. I have already applied for visitor visa and later I applied for PHAC. In such cases, what can I do now? Please help
Is there an expiry on the PHAC letters. You can raise a webform and add the PHAC letter to the visa application. It doesn’t necessarily expedite the process. You still need to wait for visitor visa approval, so then you don’t need PHAC letters anyways.

roshanzameer

Feb 22, 2021
Is there an expiry on the PHAC letters. You can raise a webform and add the PHAC letter to the visa application. It doesn’t necessarily expedite the process. You still need to wait for visitor visa approval, so then you don’t need PHAC letters anyways.
Yes @Naturgrl. It is valid only for 1 month. i.e., August 21st.