+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“COVID-19 PHAC” as the subject line

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
My mother-in-law's Visitor visa application is in process

Did anyone know how to send this PHAC Approval letter to CIC?????

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But

But this PHAC letter helps us to get the visa fast???
No where does it state expedited processing. It allows Foreign nationals seeking an exemption from the travel restrictions on compassionate grounds:

• to attend to the death of, or provide support to, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, or protected person who is residing in Canada and who is deemed to be critically ill by a health-care professional entitled under the laws of a province to provide health services in the province
  • to provide care for a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, or protected person residing in Canada who is deemed by a health-care professional entitled under the laws of a province to provide health services in the province to have a medical reason as to why they require support (for example, assisting in a birth, providing elder care, supporting someone during pregnancy)
  • to attend a funeral or end of life ceremony of a person who resided in Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#compassionate-grounds

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
No where does it state expedited processing. It allows Foreign nationals seeking an exemption from the travel restrictions on compassionate grounds:

• to attend to the death of, or provide support to, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, or protected person who is residing in Canada and who is deemed to be critically ill by a health-care professional entitled under the laws of a province to provide health services in the province
  • to provide care for a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, or protected person residing in Canada who is deemed by a health-care professional entitled under the laws of a province to provide health services in the province to have a medical reason as to why they require support (for example, assisting in a birth, providing elder care, supporting someone during pregnancy)
  • to attend a funeral or end of life ceremony of a person who resided in Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#compassionate-grounds
Not mentioned anywhere. But I am just asking to know

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
Hi,
I also applied for the PHAC approval for my Mum with my 3year old accompanying nephew. I received the approval but it only has my Mums name on it. Any ideas on how to get my nephew approved?

Also, do we need any additional approvals from IRCC? (no visa required for both travellers)

Thanks all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I also applied for the PHAC approval for my Mum with my 3year old accompanying nephew. I received the approval but it only has my Mums name on it. Any ideas on how to get my nephew approved?

Also, do we need any additional approvals from IRCC? (no visa required for both travellers)

Thanks all
Your nephew isn't part of the travel exemptions but if he was he would need to apply for his own authorization.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. How would i know if he needs his own authorization? Thanks
Everyone, no matter the age, who fits the criteria of extended family need written authorization. Your nephew doesn‘t meet the criteria of so he can’t travel until restrictions are lifted.