+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ı am refugee claimant how can my wife will stay here??

Sunday olaluwoye

Feb 9, 2020
What ties do you have to your home country? Do you have a job? Do you own property? How much do you have in savings?

Have you previously travelled to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
I don't have properties .. I'm working in an industrial company ..my saving is still $500...still saving .. I heard that.. flight ticket from Nigeria to Canada is almost $1000

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't have properties .. I'm working in an industrial company ..my saving is still $500...still saving .. I heard that.. flight ticket from Nigeria to Canada is almost $1000
You'll want to be able to show a bank balance of at least $10,000 in Canadian dollars before you apply.

The fact you own no properties and have never traveled out of Nigeria will make it very difficult for you to be approved.

Sunday olaluwoye

Feb 9, 2020
You'll want to be able to show a bank balance of at least $10,000 in Canadian dollars before you apply.

The fact you own no properties and have never traveled out of Nigeria will make it very difficult for you to be approved.
What if all this are confirm.. is it possible ..because I know.. once visa is out .. I can convince some in my family ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if all this are confirm.. is it possible ..because I know.. once visa is out .. I can convince some in my family ..
That’s not how it works. You would need to show a bank balance of around 10k in your bank account for numerous months and show that you are in a well paying job. The fact that you have no international travel is another issue. Getting a TRV is difficult to begin with but Nigerian applications are being highly scrutinized because of the sudden volume of asylum seekers. Assume you have heard that others are applying for asylum in Canada. Many are not actually being approved and will eventually be deported. Honestly your chances of a visa are zero.

Reactions: jddd

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Have
..no have not travel out of Nigeria before.. first time
If you've never traveled outside of Nigeria to a visa required country it'll be a red flag to the VO as to why all of a sudden Canada would be the first country you want to travel to, when other countries such as in Europe are much closer
As well the cost will come into consideration, when you're showing a low bank balance

Sunday olaluwoye

Feb 9, 2020
If you've never traveled outside of Nigeria to a visa required country it'll be a red flag to the VO as to why all of a sudden Canada would be the first country you want to travel to, when other countries such as in Europe are much closer
As well the cost will come into consideration, when you're showing a low bank balance
To be sincere I'm speechless .. because ..Canada is my major goal ..what do you think I can do ..please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there no other source that I can find it easy for me there ,even if I'm denied of asylum ..because saving all the money and later been deported .. is like suicide
Unless you can find a way to get to Canada I don't see how you are going to get to Canada. Unfortunately your TRV application will scream asylum seeker.

Sunday olaluwoye

Feb 9, 2020
Is there no other source that I can find it easy for me there ,even if I'm denied of asylum ..because saving all the money and later been deported .. is like suicide
For you to be a refugee claimate
For you to be a refugee claimant .. it should be more like an advantage for me.. in which you can help .. when I land in Canada one day

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Yes. She has a sx-1 multiple visa. It’s valid date until 2029. But she has to leave 6 months later. But cic said sx-1 visa type cannot extend in Twitter account.
Did you inform the refugee board that you're now married in Canada? I would rather advice you contact your lawyer or legal representative if you've one for your refugee claim. I believe your partner can be added to your claim, rather than for her to leave as each entry at POE will be re-assessed by border agent

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
For you to be a refugee claimate

For you to be a refugee claimant .. it should be more like an advantage for me.. in which you can help .. when I land in Canada one day
Applying for TRV visa with intention to make a claim afterwards isn't the best. Especially, when you're coming from Nigeria. The country is between 6th-7th of the country with highest claim. Sincerely speaking, the percentage for approval from that country is very low according to verifiable statistic and experience. If you've some education, work experience, or fund it's better to look at other economic program to enter Canada.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
@Sunday olaluwoye Based on your posts, I honestly don't think you can apply for refugee status in Canada. If you are facing persecution in your country, contact UNHCR and register yourself, but you will not be guaranteed to be resettled to Canada. I believe you want to move to Canada due to economic reasons; if that's the case, there are so many options. Kindly research your options for economic immigration if you are not being persecuted in your country. This affects everyone including genuine asylum seekers.

Reactions: Sunday olaluwoye

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Applying for TRV visa with intention to make a claim afterwards isn't the best. Especially, when you're coming from Nigeria. The country is between 6th-7th of the country with highest claim. Sincerely speaking, the percentage for approval from that country is very low according to verifiable statistic and experience. If you've some education, work experience, or fund it's better to look at other economic program to enter Canada.
Nigeria is # 1
https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2019.aspx