+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent content by ani486

  1. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    We can fly to Canada twice even if we are called to fetch our PR cards as long as our status is maintained. Our only concern is that if ever there is risk of any interview for physically collecting the cards, AND if my spouse’s explanation isn’t convincing to the immigration officer, then is it...
  2. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    We can fly to Canada twice even if we are called to fetch our PR cards as long as our status is maintained. Our only concern is that if ever there is risk of any interview for physically collecting the cards, AND if my spouse’s explanation isn’t convincing to the immigration officer, then is it...
  3. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    We are married for 9 years when I moved back to home country, and child was 6yo back then in 2025. When I sponsored my spouse in 2023, our relationship was verified fully, with all necessary documentation - Application was processed without any questions on relationship. This was also mainly...
  4. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    Yes Travelling just to collect PR cards is really expensive especially in present times, where air ticket prices are unforgiving. If at all things go my way, i.e. I get the cards without any interview, can someone courier the PR cards to me? Is that allowed?
  5. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    We will travel by air before cards expire. And For renewal of PR cards does it mandate me to have a Canadian address? I plan to submit cohabitation documents in her renewal application.
  6. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    Yes this seems to be the most accurate outcome of my situation. It may or may not be in my favour because the residence of my spouse in Canada is negligible. And I’ll have to re sponsor her once she is actually prepared to come there. Thanks to you and everyone else who pitched in with their...
  7. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    Thanks for the reply. During this timeline I visited my Home country 4 times and my family viaited me 3 times. We also bought an apartment in my home country together. My child attends school back home. So relationship thing I can easily prove joint cohabitation. Is accompanying a Citizen...
  8. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    Yes indeed. I did some digging and found this. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/loss-of-status.html#toc-3 Click on Accompanying outside of Canada Accompanying outside of Canada...
  9. A

    Canadian Citizen with PR spouse - Critical Immigration Questions

    My wife and minor child landed in Canada in 2023 based on spousal sponsorship and got her PR card in 20 days. She moved back to home country in a month as she is already working there. I got my citizenship in 2024. My family visited me again for a month in 2025 and we moved back together to our...
  10. A

    Baby born in India to Canadian Parent

    Congrats!! Did they ask for proof for urgency?
  11. A

    Baby born in India to Canadian Parent

    All the best! Your inputs are truly appreciated.
  12. A

    Baby born in India to Canadian Parent

    Thanks! Congratulations. So next step Canadian passport and OCI? Or Canadian passport, an X Visa and then OCI?
  13. A

    Baby born in India to Canadian Parent

    Ok, so this is IRCC related department which deals which such cases I believe. I am right? Also since in your previous post you mentioned you got approval two weeks ago which means you received Citizenship Certificate for your child, correct? If this is so, then what was your timeline with...
  14. A

    Baby born in India to Canadian Parent

    May I know what is PSU?
  15. A

    Baby born in India to Canadian Parent

    What is PSU?