+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your Immigration Status

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
Hi All,
A friend of mine got his visa rejected and one of the checked rejection reason is (Your Immigration Status). What does this mean? He is staying in his home country with no immigration issues (He is a citizen of the country he is applying from).

Also Other rejection reasons are:
Travel History
Current Employment Situation
Your Personal Assets and financial Status

These reasons are surprising because, the applicant provided:
Travel entry/exit stamps shown on his passport that he traveled 9 times to different countries. No issues with his travel.
He provided an official letter of employment from his employer stating that he is a full time employee and granted vacation for one month.He has been employed for 8 years.
Personal Assets and Financial Status: He owns two houses and he provided the original and translation for the houses titles. Also he provided bank statements that he has 10,000 USD in his bank.
All of his documents are notarized by a lawyer.
So, what else he needs to provide? Any idea of what is going on ?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
abcabc2020 said:
Hi All,
A friend of mine got his visa rejected and one of the checked rejection reason is (Your Immigration Status). What does this mean? He is staying in his home country with no immigration issues (He is a citizen of the country he is applying from).

Also Other rejection reasons are:
Travel History
Current Employment Situation
Your Personal Assets and financial Status

These reasons are surprising because, the applicant provided:
Travel entry/exit stamps shown on his passport that he traveled 9 times to different countries. No issues with his travel.
He provided an official letter of employment from his employer stating that he is a full time employee and granted vacation for one month.He has been employed for 8 years.
Personal Assets and Financial Status: He owns two houses and he provided the original and translation for the houses titles. Also he provided bank statements that he has 10,000 USD in his bank.
All of his documents are notarized by a lawyer.
So, what else he needs to provide? Any idea of what is going on ?
If all the above is true and there is no "hidden detail" then this is a clear mistake by CIC.

You can order GCMS notes or just apply again mentioning these reasons in the letter of explanation.

M

mikeymyke

It looks like first day on the job for whomever was reviewing your friend's file.

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
Yes I swear I saw his application and refusal letter. Everything I mentioned is true .. He is requesting the file notes.
Does anyone know what the meaning of "your immigration status" ??

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
abcabc2020 said:
Yes I swear I saw his application and refusal letter. Everything I mentioned is true .. He is requesting the file notes.
Does anyone know what the meaning of "your immigration status" ??
It means the status of the person is not certain, for example a temporal foreign worker.

As a citizen of the country where the application is being processed this is an obvious mistake.

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
Jalex23 said:
It means the status of the person is not certain, for example a temporal foreign worker.

As a citizen of the country where the application is being processed this is an obvious mistake.
Thanks! Yes he is a citizen of the country he is applying from. I can't wait to see the officer notes on file!! will keep you updated..
-Thanks