+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your help and experience is appreciated. TRV

jsg

Jun 12, 2010
Let me briefly explain my situation

I am in my early twenties, and have a Peruvian girlfriend who lives in Peru.

We have not been together for very long, a few months in fact, but we are very much in love.

I want to know if it is possible to get her a temporary visitor visa to come and visit me for a couple months.

I have worked at a respected financial firm for almost 1 year and make more than enough to support her stay and transportation. I am willing to write and state in my letter of invitation that I will be the one who will be financially responsible for her and take care of her during her stay in Canada. Of course, i will be providing evidence of my banking statements, etc.

She does not currently work and her familial financial situation is not great. Which makes me concerned that the immigration officer will seize upon this and deny any visa application.

My question is, while I can provide all the necessary documents, I want to know if the following will present a significant problem:

1. She doesn't have enough funds, even though I will provide (does that count?)
2. She is a recent graduate and does not work, how can I prove that she will return to Peru (other than a return ticket?)
3. Are all the horror stories on these websites warranted? Is it that difficult or just the luck of the draw?
4. Is there anything specific about Peru that makes it harder/easier?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I think the bigger issue is whether she will return to Peru before the visa expires. Any ties to Peru would be helpful. Does she live with her family, or alone? If with family, get them to write a letter saying she is needed in some capacity after the visit to Canada. Is she starting a business there?

In my limited (novice) view, it will evoke suspicion if you say you recently met and now she wants to visit you in Canada (never to return to Peru?). It might look better if someone else invited her, and offered to support her financially.

Anyone else have ideas?

jsg

Jun 12, 2010
Thanks for the answer

Yes, she does live with her family. In fact, she has NO ties to Canada (except for me) and all of her immediate family is in Peru. Therefore it is not possible anyone offers to support her financially except for me.

I do have a question about this : "Does she live with her family, or alone? If with family, get them to write a letter saying she is needed in some capacity after the visit to Canada. Is she starting a business there? "

Any examples letters? I really do appreciate it if you can give guidance as to the formula for writing a successful letter.

As for how recently we've met. Does it help if I visited her again and we continued this relationship for a bit longer before we attempt for a TRV? If turned out, is there a strike out policy?

I know it all boils down to this:

1. Demonstrate she will leave Peru (family letter was good suggestion)
2. Demonstrate she will have the funds (in this case I will have the funds, not her...is that okay?)

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
jsg said:
Thanks for the answer

Yes, she does live with her family. In fact, she has NO ties to Canada (except for me) and all of her immediate family is in Peru. Therefore it is not possible anyone offers to support her financially except for me.

OK, so write the letter of invitation (there is a sample somewhere in the CIC applications forms online), and show that you have sufficient resources to support her financially while in Canada. I simply attached a copy of my credit card statement, which shows a large credit limit. CIC did not refuse my wife a visitor's visa for lack of financial resources (it was for lack of ties to China), so this credit card statement must have been considered adequate.

I do have a question about this : "Does she live with her family, or alone? If with family, get them to write a letter saying she is needed in some capacity after the visit to Canada. Is she starting a business there? "

Any examples letters? I really do appreciate it if you can give guidance as to the formula for writing a successful letter.

Answer: I don't have any samples, nor have I seen any. It is not the format but the content that is important: the more you can show that she must return to Peru, the better.

As for how recently we've met. Does it help if I visited her again and we continued this relationship for a bit longer before we attempt for a TRV? If turned out, is there a strike out policy?

Answer: I don't think that repeated visits will help. They only show how committed you both are, hence how much more tempted she might be to stay in Canada illicitly.[/color]

I know it all boils down to this:

1. Demonstrate she will leave Peru (family letter was good suggestion)
2. Demonstrate she will have the funds (in this case I will have the funds, not her...is that okay?)

Good luck!!!

jsg

Jun 12, 2010
Hmm...

Interesting...

so is it better to indicate in my letter of invitation any form of emotion and love? Or should the letter be impersonal and factual?

I think a bland letter will be weird, but sounding too emotional might appear as desperate? Is it a fine line?

thanks

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
I know has been long time ago, but Did you had some result of your case? I have a very very similar case, but I am from Chile, who wants to go visit my boyfriend from Canada...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sadly, the horror stories about how hard it is to convince the VO of strong ties to the home country are true. Without a job, husband, children, home ownership, it is hard to show strong ties. The offer to foot the bill for all expenses is nice, but isn`t going to satisfy the VO. What happens if the visitor falls out with the invitor and has to support herself until the date of return flight, but she has no money. The VO will want to see that she has the resources to leave. Previous travel history is another component. It not only shows that the visitor has gone away and returned home, but also that they are financially established. Your girlfriend will be in a stronger position if she first gets a job and comes on her annual holiday with a letter from her employer giving her leave. I have no experience with Peruvian applications, so don`t know if there are any special considerations. Good Luck.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Pippin said:
Your girlfriend will be in a stronger position if she first gets a job and comes on her annual holiday with a letter from her employer giving her leave.
Hi there, I have big doubts about the employer letter, because I know a girl who goes in Canada as visitor 2 years ago, and she included a "fake" employer letter who was made by a friend of her with an business, the letter was signed and stamped with the necessary information on it, and she got the visa and everything worked well for her... How worry are the immigrant officers about the realistic information about jobs papers??

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
I thought they would care about other stuff in relation with job letter, I mean how easier would be to everyone create a job to get the visa =/
Maybe in her case was "lucky" factor directly...