+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later." in online PR portal for IMM 5444

guelphapplicant123

May 2, 2018
In the last page of "5. Residency Obligation - Time Spent Outside Canada", I have been trying in the last two days to save the table for absences. But every time, it says "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later."

Has anyone else encountered this? Thank you!

DeanN

Jun 27, 2016
I was getting an error message (can't remember if it was the same one as you're seeing or not) when filling in the dates and not having them overlap, e.g. by putting, say, 31/01/2020 as the final date at one address, and then 01/02/2020 as the first day at the next – it only accepted if end date of one and start date of another were identical.

Reactions: Kiw_Lemon

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Had the same issue when filling work history/address tables, it would not accept if there are any gaps in the start dates and end dates, i.e. the start date on 2nd entry must be either same or +1 (next day) from the 1st entry's end date and so on.

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Had the same issue when filling work history/address tables, it would not accept if there are any gaps in the start dates and end dates, i.e. the start date on 2nd entry must be either same or +1 (next day) from the 1st entry's end date and so on.
Just Checked for Address History Dates must overlap i.e. TO date on 1st entry MUST match with FROM date on 2nd entry.

Kiw_Lemon

Apr 2, 2020
Why is the pr portal so buggy, I have filled info correctly yet I kept receiving
I was getting an error message (can't remember if it was the same one as you're seeing or not) when filling in the dates and not having them overlap, e.g. by putting, say, 31/01/2020 as the final date at one address, and then 01/02/2020 as the first day at the next – it only accepted if end date of one and start date of another were identical.
Thank you so much for this info, been struggling the whole day on this

VancouverTony

Oct 19, 2023
In “5. Residency Obligation - Time Spent Outside Canada”, I encountered the same error message "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later." This problem tortured me for a long time, and then Google came here. Thank you for all the suggestions and methods. I got your tips and finally figured out. Although it may be different from what other people encountered, this is one of the reasons why the error occurred. I would like to share it with you. In short, it is a terrible system - it could totally be made friendlier and easier to use.

When the number of characters in this column "Your location(s) during absence (city, country/territory)" is 107, Error! When shortened to 99, ok!

So I guess the character limit for this column should be 99.

Reactions: YVR123