+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Younger Brother Visitor Visa

poojarajput76

Dec 17, 2019
Hi
My younger brother age 20 who is studying Electrical engineering last semester wants to come canada on visitor visa.

He has job offer letter for june 1 2020, also he is in his last semester(Bachelors of Engineering) which will complete in april 2020
so planning to come Canada for 20 days during his holiday.

My question is, what are the chances for his visa acceptance? How can I make his file strong.

I am on work Visa, working as a Technical analyst in a software company in toronto.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi
My younger brother age 20 who is studying Electrical engineering last semester wants to come canada on visitor visa.

He has job offer letter for june 1 2020, also he is in his last semester(Bachelors of Engineering) which will complete in april 2020

My question is, what are the chances for his visa acceptance? How can I make his file strong.

I am on work Visa, working as a Technical analyst in a software company in toronto.
In my opinion his chances are not that great considering his age and not starting a job. He probably has little money in his account and likely has never travelled to any visa requiring country like UK, USA, Australia etc. Im assuming he does not have a spouse or kids either.....basically he can easily overstay or not go back or come to Canada and work illegally.

To improve the chances you will have to show that he can fund his own trip, he has strong ties that ensure he would have to go back home and he has a good reason to visit.

Reactions: poojarajput76

poojarajput76

Dec 17, 2019
In my opinion his chances are not that great considering his age and not starting a job. He probably has little money in his account and likely has never travelled to any visa requiring country like UK, USA, Australia etc. Im assuming he does not have a spouse or kids either.....basically he can easily overstay or not go back or come to Canada and work illegally.

To improve the chances you will have to show that he can fund his own trip, he has strong ties that ensure he would have to go back home and he has a good reason to visit.
Our parents are sponsoring for my brother.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Parents can still agree to pay for the visit and a student doesn’t need to show that he has his/her own finances. That can be included as part of the application that they agree to support the visit and include their financial information. I suspect the parents may be travelling as well. Getting a visa will be tough especially since he will have just completed his studies. You can definitely try but don’t get your hopes up too high.

Reactions: poojarajput76

poojarajput76

Dec 17, 2019
Parents can still agree to pay for the visit and a student doesn’t need to show that he has his/her own finances. That can be included as part of the application that they agree to support the visit and include their financial information. I suspect the parents may be travelling as well. Getting a visa will be tough especially since he will have just completed his studies. You can definitely try but don’t get your hopes up too high.
Ya I agree with you. Moreover my Parents just visited Canada this year in May, they stayed here for a month. We were unsure of my brother's visa that is why I applied for my parents first and now planning to apply for my brother visa.
I guess I can also show them my parents visa stamp and they stayed just for a month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ya I agree with you. Moreover my Parents just visited Canada this year in May, they stayed here for a month. We were unsure of my brother's visa that is why I applied for my parents first and now planning to apply for my brother visa.
I guess I can also show them my parents visa stamp and they stayed just for a month.
Your parents having a visa almost works against him so wouldn’t stress that.

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
Hi

Hello,
Did you apply visa for your brother. What's the result?