+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professionals - when do invitations start?

Manuel S

Dec 1, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-03-2017
Hello everyone,

I was very happy to find out I am eligible to apply for the young professionals visa. I am in the pool and there are only around 100 other applicants so far in the pool.

I am getting worried because my current work visa will run out mid-January. I was told that if I don't get an invitation before my other visa runs out I will not be able to use a brdige visa and have to wait for my application to be processed which might take over 6 month.

I could not find much information on when they actually start to invite people or if there is anything I can do. Is there any information or expectation when gov Canada will start to invite people?

As of Monday, October 17, 2016, at 10:00 am Eastern Daylight Time, this pool is open. If you’re eligible, you can submit your profile now.
Quota: To be announced
First round of invitations: To be announced
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: To be announced
Spots available: To be announced
Candidates in the pool: 114

I am also in the express entry pool but with 453 points I don't have high hopes to get an invitation before mid-January. I do have a job offer from a company in Canada. LMIA is not an option (Company refuses to try).

I am very thankful for any help.

best,
Manuel

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Nobody on here can tell you what to expect other than guess maybe early in new year once they have established invites for the basic WHV quota. You may need to look at extending stay as a visitor in the mean time although means you will need to stop working. Even if you get invited I would think given the processing time for the paperwork might take a couple of months or might not no way to tell given even for the basic WHV they used to quote 8 weeks once an ITA accepted although mostly a lot quicker than that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no bridging capabilities with any work permits in the IEC class. To continue working without a break, you'll need to have the approved YP work permit in hand before your WHV expires. Otherwise, as explained above, you'll need to convert your status to visitor before your WHV expires and stop working until the YP one is approved.

Unfortunately CIC doesn't publish a schedule for the rounds of invitations.

eaforster

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2016
File Transfer...
15-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
ECAS DM: 02/07/2017 PPR: 02/15/2017
VISA ISSUED...
02/27/2017
LANDED..........
03/04/2017
Manuel S said:
Hello everyone,

I was very happy to find out I am eligible to apply for the young professionals visa. I am in the pool and there are only around 100 other applicants so far in the pool.

I am getting worried because my current work visa will run out mid-January. I was told that if I don't get an invitation before my other visa runs out I will not be able to use a brdige visa and have to wait for my application to be processed which might take over 6 month.

I could not find much information on when they actually start to invite people or if there is anything I can do. Is there any information or expectation when gov Canada will start to invite people?

I am also in the express entry pool but with 453 points I don't have high hopes to get an invitation before mid-January. I do have a job offer from a company in Canada. LMIA is not an option (Company refuses to try).

I am very thankful for any help.

best,
Manuel
I'm in the same boat. I'm currently here on an IEC visa as well that expires at the end of December. My job wants to keep me but they also aren't willing to do the LMIA. Currently waiting on invites to go out (which I heard is next week for working holiday visa, not sure which country you're from or if the YP is the same).